Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The nba is a business and the ratings were horrible for the nets.Oh Ill puke i the kings win a title.They are such babies and have no class.You really think stern will do that.I have a bad feeling about these lakers next year.With Shaqs toe,kobe being kobe I dont even think they will get past the second round.Soemthing is gonna stop them from winning again.

This year the basketball g-ds are gonna work against them and the refs.The nba probably wants a new team and new excitement.I think the lakers dynasty is coming to an end.Whatever 3 rings aint half bad.

I know Im not very optimistic even if coaches,red aurbearch(thinks the lakers could win 8 straight),jerry west,etc say lakers will win championships till shaq retires.I feel for LA a bad season is coming.

·
Registered
5 Posts
you don't think four-peat will be exciting? then, you tell me a two team match up that will make the fans wanting to see the nba finals more. the problem with the last final was the net, not the lakers. had it been a lakers against the celtics final, then the rating will definitely be much higher for nostalgia sake.

·
Registered
39 Posts
you can blame the poor ratings on the Nets not showing up for the Finals...Shaq's toe will be fine...and your comment "kobe being kobe"???? If three championships isn't enough cred. on his resume...i don't know what he has to do....Lighten up and enjoy the run for 4!

I just hope Phil gives Kareem Rush a chance this year....

·
Registered
207 Posts
Originally posted by beautifulkobe
The nba is a business and the ratings were horrible for the nets.Oh Ill puke if the kings win a title.They are such babies and have no class.
I don't think the ratings affected whether or not the Lakers won the championship. In this series, I believe the Lakers were the all around better team. And how can you say the kings have no class? That's horrible! The Kings played a great series, and with all the questions with the officiating and such, I believe alot of their behavior was justified.

Originally posted by beautifulkobe With Shaqs toe,kobe being kobe I dont even think they will get past the second round.
I think shaq's toe will be okay next season. And "Kobe being Kobe" was does that mean? I thought "Kobe being Kobe" helped win championships not lose them. :confused:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Originally posted by beautifulkobe

This year the basketball g-ds are gonna work against them and the refs.

"...Work against them (Lakers) and the refs." What a sentence. A glimpse into some Laker fans' psyche...

It put the Lakers and the NBA refs on the same side. Which means if a new champion is to emerge, they must take down the refs as well as the Lakers. This is good stuff...

I really don't have anything to say. But I found it interesting how even Laker fans are associating the refs as being a part of the Lakers.

Maybe next season the refs can wear yellow and purple just to avoid the confusion?

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Heh Heh Heh Heh Heh, No.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
"Maybe next season the refs can wear yellow and purple just to avoid the confusion?"

or perhaps the NBA can implement a new defensive rule that allows a player to pull your jersey out of your shorts when you shoot the ball like Bobby Jackson did Kobe in game 5??? Get over it.

I think the Lakers winning is not effecting the ratings. It's the lack of a "sexy" challenger in the east. That's why I think the NBA will strongly urge Tim Duncan to head east next season...but that's just my opinion. If Orlando had Duncan, McGrady, and Hill to throw at the Lakers that would be a marketable series.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts