Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Yep, then Drexel played Syracuse (Which went to the Final Four that year, I believe) real close.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
AE NCAA History

1996 NCAA Championship

West Regional, University Arena, Albuquerque, N.M.
First Round, March 14
#12 Drexel 75, #5 Memphis 63

West Regional, University Arena, Albuquerque, N.M.
Second Round, March 16
#4 Syracuse 69, Drexel 58

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
For those of us ignorant on AE History, is this a misprint, or is there some kind of background that goes along with it?

"1997 NCAA Championship
Midwest Regional, Kemper Arena, Kansas City, Mo.
First Round, March 14
#12 Tulsa 81, #5 Boston University 52"

·
Registered
864 Posts
BingGrad said:
For those of us ignorant on AE History, is this a misprint, or is there some kind of background that goes along with it?

"1997 NCAA Championship
Midwest Regional, Kemper Arena, Kansas City, Mo.
First Round, March 14
#12 Tulsa 81, #5 Boston University 52"
The seeds are flip-flopped, but yes, BU got their arses handed to them by the Golden Hurricane.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
First round. Game wasn't as close as the final score. I think that was the Tulsa team with Schea Seals.

·
The Invisible Iron Fist
1,253 Posts
NU Hoop Fan said:
First round. Game wasn't as close as the final score. I think that was the Tulsa team with Schea Seals.
Right you are, NUHF. Seals was pretty good in that game. I think the key to that game was shutting down Tunji, and that's exactly what they did; he scored only 7 points and was a non-factor. Even though Tunji was always small for a PF, I felt that this performance on a stage, when many people were picking BU to upset, hurt his chances of getting a look from the NBA.

My personal highlight of the game was when Peter Scott came in at the end, and hit a bucket to keep the margin of victory below 30.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts