Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, that's not a statement on this year, that's a question.

People are talking about how excited they are for this season to commence and I agree, but I also realized people kind of say that every year, especially since there are no more dynasties and the two that could be considered dynasties traded titles in the aughts (meaning you could never really say the Lakers/Spurs are winning it, I don't care).

So when was the last time in recent history you as a basketball fan were ready but not really excited for the results of a season.

I guess fans of weaker teams could answer that easily, but I'm talking about from a larger league sense. What year were you kind of like "meh, I already know what's going to happen". And as a side note mention if it actually did become a surprisingly competitive/historic season for whatever reason

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
Dude I don't know about you but I couldn't be more excited for the NBA season. So many teams that I'm looking forward to watching that I can't even utter the decent amount of strength to actually take the time to count them (okay fine I'm just lazy w/e). But I think preseasons are always boring, but that's just me.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
I don't remember being excited about the 06-07 season very much. I figured it would be an ugly Pistons-Heat war in the East finals and more of the same from the Suns and Spurs in the West. The most exciting thing about that season turned out to be Golden State upsetting Dallas when SJax shut Dirk down.

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
I don't remember being excited about the 06-07 season very much. I figured it would be an ugly Pistons-Heat war in the East finals and more of the same from the Suns and Spurs in the West. The most exciting thing about that season turned out to be Golden State upsetting Dallas when SJax shut Dirk down.
For me it was the Cavs/Pistons playoffs series that season.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude I don't know about you but I couldn't be more excited for the NBA season. So many teams that I'm looking forward to watching that I can't even utter the decent amount of strength to actually take the time to count them (okay fine I'm just lazy w/e). But I think preseasons are always boring, but that's just me.
I said I am I was just using the talk about this season as an introduction to my thread premise

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
Call me crazy but I'm not exactly counting down the seconds til the season. These super teams are slowly killing my enjoyment for the NBA. It's not much fun when you basically know either Miami or the Lakers are going to win the title. As a fan of an improved Pacers team what's there really to be excited about, an ECF loss to the Heat?

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
What was exciting about being a fan of any other team during Jordan's last 5 title seasons?

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pacers took them to 7 games and those Jazz series were so close anything could've happened if a few plays go different. They weren't dominating in the playoffs towards the end, they were merely better and had Jordan.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
Pacers took them to 7 games and those Jazz series were so close anything could've happened if a few plays go different. They weren't dominating in the playoffs towards the end, they were merely better and had Jordan.
My point was that you get excited about a season because you love good basketball. I truly don't care who wins the title. I just want to see it all play out.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
I dont think there's that big a difference from any other year as far as top dogs - going into about any season in the history of the association it's always been pretty easy to look around the league and say 'well it's pretty much a lock to be one of these 3 or 4 teams'

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My point was that you get excited about a season because you love good basketball. I truly don't care who wins the title. I just want to see it all play out.
Well in that case there was definitely good ball played in that era regardless of the Bulls winning.

Your first post and this are almost saying two completely opposing things

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
Well in that case there was definitely good ball played in that era regardless of the Bulls winning.

Your first post and this are almost saying two completely opposing things
My first post was meant to point out the questionable nature of KK's assertion.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont think there's that big a difference from any other year as far as top dogs - going into about any season in the history of the association it's always been pretty easy to look at league and say 'well it's pretty much a lock to be one of these 3 or 4 teams'
Some years were 1 or 2 to be honest.

And then the 3-4 years of the East being a complete JV league and all the elite talent being in the west...shit it's like the WCFs were the real series' to watch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts