Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Thats what I've heard, the price of living is insanely high. It seems really amazing though and I'd love to live in a spot like San Diego.
Yeah it's disgustingly expensive in some areas, but, if you've got the money then it's a pretty sweet place to be. San Diego is cool, the last few times I've been back in Cali has been there and I like it.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I'm still doing the boxing on top of my Jiu-Jitsu/MMA. When I get back to school, I'm going to work on my wrestling, and when I'm home on weekends, my boxing.
Nice, thats whats up. I have a few friends who do the whole MMA scene, one of my buddies is actually pretty good and could maybe have a future in it. 6'5" 225 kid who has a huge wingspan, use to wrestle and box so he has a lot of the tools necessary to be really good.

Yeah it's disgustingly expensive in some areas, but, if you've got the money then it's a pretty sweet place to be. San Diego is cool, the last few times I've been back in Cali has been there and I like it.
Thats tight. Where in California are you from originally?

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
Damn, he sounds like a beast. I was sparring with a former USC football player the other week. I was holding my own until he landed a right hook to my left ear and almost knocked me out lol.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Nice, thats whats up. I have a few friends who do the whole MMA scene, one of my buddies is actually pretty good and could maybe have a future in it. 6'5" 225 kid who has a huge wingspan, use to wrestle and box so he has a lot of the tools necessary to be really good.

Thats tight. Where in California are you from originally?
I moved around the Los Angeles area like six times before I moved to Orlando, but I was born in a place called Calabasas which is like an hour outside of L.A. If you ever make it out to Cali you've got to check out L.A.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Damn, he sounds like a beast. I was sparring with a former USC football player the other week. I was holding my own until he landed a right hook to my left ear and almost knocked me out lol.
Woah, thats wild. I can't deal with all the shots to the head or else I would give boxing a try.

I moved around the Los Angeles area like six times before I moved to Orlando, but I was born in a place called Calabasas which is like an hour outside of L.A. If you ever make it out to Cali you've got to check out L.A.
Point noted. I want to check out LA and San Diego and settle somewhere around one of those two cities. Thats a long time down the road, but thats hopefully where I'll be in a few years.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I dunno if I could deal with all of the people + traffic on a daily basis in LA. at least in other huge cities they have transit. I just really hate driving right now.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Traffic is a ****ing bitch in Los Angeles, no doubt about it.

I love driving, but then again you're in the city. That kind of driving sucks.

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
...:eek:

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
At one point today, around noon, it was in the 60s. Took a quick nap, woke up, it was in the 90s.

How does that happen so quickly?

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
It was gorgeous out here today. Then the nap of doom occured.

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
After a mediocre night sleep, the last thing I want to do is go to the gym, but it has to be done.

Last day of work today!

Luckily, I have a job lined up for school. I'm writing blogs for my MMA gym (the owner was looking for someone to do it,) so right now I'm just getting extra lessons but once I head back to school (on the 28th) it turns into a paying job.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Today was awesome. Temps in the mid 70's in late morning. Went for a 12 mile run/walk. Probably ran about 10.

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
Nice.

Temp wise, it's very nice up here for mid-August. The high today is supposed to be around 85. I'll take that for August 17th.

**** 'global warming'

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
So I posted over in the Millon Post thread that there is a very good chance I have my first boxing match on October 8th.

Since this was set-up (for now), I've been so bipolar lol. One minute I'm amped, ready to go, ready for WAR! Then I get a little uneasy, hands tremble for a second, feel like throwing up...then I want to punch someone!

Haha, I know I have the skill set, but now I just need to focus on the mental game. God I can't wait for this fight!

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
Now I get to sit and wait for Hurricane Irene to hit. This is a big deal up here.

This is the first time I've been through this type of situation.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts