Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
So I posted over in the Millon Post thread that there is a very good chance I have my first boxing match on October 8th.

Since this was set-up (for now), I've been so bipolar lol. One minute I'm amped, ready to go, ready for WAR! Then I get a little uneasy, hands tremble for a second, feel like throwing up...then I want to punch someone!

Haha, I know I have the skill set, but now I just need to focus on the mental game. God I can't wait for this fight!
Is your match still on the 8th? If so good luck.

I've been doing really well in school this semester so far and I haven't been putting in that much effort, which is good I guess, but I'm getting back into the groove of studying and getting shit done so I should finish extremely well this semester. I got a 2.75 GPA first semester my freshman year, 2.2 first semester last year (long story), but I should be well into the 3.0's this year....hopefully.

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
Nah, it fell through a few weeks ago. Kind of frustrating, but there's not much that I can do.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #103 (Edited)
So I switched my major to English (Secondary Education). Plan on coaching basketball too. Gonna be in school for a little while longer, but it'll be worth it. I might even try my hand in creative writing and such (if teacher job market still sucks in 2-3 years), but I haven't really crafted any of my own pieces, although I've been brainstorming some lately. If/once I get some writings under my belt I will share them here.

Anyway I'm taking 15 credits and switching majors made my schedule this semester really easy. Heres my schedule:

HDF 100-Lifespan Development 10-1050 M/W/F
EDU 107-Intro To Teaching 11-1150 M/W/F
ENG 261-Masterpieces of Ancient Lit 2-315 M/W
ENG 175- Nature Of Language 330-445 M/W
EDU 290-Technology In Education 7-950 M

Honestly, if I get less than a 3.5 I'll be disappointed. Really just a lot of busy work associated with my classes, and all the exams are set-up to be pretty easy.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Nope at night lol. I would never take a 7 AM class, **** that. 8 AM kicked my ass, I cant imagine what 7 AM would do.

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
So what's crackin folks?

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
Lady troubles man...can't stand it.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Working two jobs this summer, which kinda sucks, but its cool to be making decent money after struggling all school year with that shit.

Other than that hitting the gym and just enjoying myself as much as possible.

What lady troubles do you speak of Jake?

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
This girl and I had a thing going the past few months. It was going great then school ended, and since I was a senior there's no "See you in the Fall!" especially since she lives an entire time zone away.

So we had to end it, except it wasn't a spiteful ending. It just had to happen I guess.

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
The next few months present me with some big opportunities.

-GRE's/Grad School
-Promotion at work
-Joined the coaching staff at my HS
-Possible relocation

The future is looking bright.

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
Yup.

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
A little of both. I've been volunteering some time with the team during their summer league, and the coach asked if I wanted to help out in the winter. I don't expect any form of payment, which is perfectly fine. I already informed my boss of it, and I plan on putting a lot into the coaching aspect. I'm really excited for it.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Lady troubles man...can't stand it.
Yep. I was with this girl this summer for 1.5 months and she ended it because she wasn't "over" her ex who she hasnt been with in two years. Shes been an absolute bitch/middle schooler about the whole thing at times too, which sucks because we work together. I'm not really tripping over her but shes almost two years older than me and is acting like a child. Females never cease to amaze me.

Really looking forward to school starting.

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
Damn, that's cold blooded.

Myself and this girl are still on good terms. I threw out the idea of a long distance relationship, but she wasn't feeling it, the distance is a little too much to deal with.

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
Taking the GRE's today.

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
Back from Charlotte, it was an amazing experience. Got to meet many great basketball minds and did some solid networking as well.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts