Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
truebluefan said:
The longer it will be for us to launch.
Yeah, I'm in the middle of so many different things right now that I haven't gotten anything done. Between getting ready for college next month, family functions, and a fulltime job, it's been kind of difficult.

Maybe I can get a profile or two done in the next few days...

·
Registered
82 Posts
can u give the names of the principal euros we need a profile of, because i don't have the list on my laptop

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vigilante said:
i'll try to write a few profiles tomorrow.. i've already done two terrific ones, if you didn't notice.
I know you have, but we need 100.

No one has written a profile for almost a week. At this rate we will open 50 weeks from now and when we open, we will go days without anything else written. No articles, no interviews, nothing.

We will not open a site unless it we think it will be successful. Common sense tells all of you, 2 profiles a week is not getting it done and a site like that will not be successful.

We have more than two writers.

I have made it easy on all of you. Go look at draft express, nbadraft.net. Write what they are saying and put it in your own words! That will get us launched. If all of you are waiting until you actually see a player play then we will not launch for a long time. After we launch we can always update a profile and slant it towards what we actually think.

And after we launch we cannot go for a week without nothing to write about. Posters will not read the site. We need to get used to writing and being active now.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vigilante said:
100 is a little unrealistic IMO. Look at draftexpress.. for 2006 and onward, they have around 45 profiles finished.
45 is not enough. We need 60 dont we? That is the bare minumum.

Matthew is working on a list of 100 as we speak. We do not HAVE to have 100, but the other 40 (After the 60) can come immediately after we launch.

By the way, I am very pleased to see two other writers joining in!!

Good.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
truebluefan said:
45 is not enough. We need 60 dont we? That is the bare minumum.

Matthew is working on a list of 100 as we speak. We do not HAVE to have 100, but the other 40 (After the 60) can come immediately after we launch.

By the way, I am very pleased to see two other writers joining in!!

Good.
We should get to 60 in 2-3 weeks for sure. At the very least, I will write at a clip of 1 profile a day; so that would mean that we will open in 39 days at the very most.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vigilante said:
We should get to 60 in 2-3 weeks for sure. At the very least, I will write at a clip of 1 profile a day; so that would mean that we will open in 39 days at the very most.
It's looking better. We also need articles and we need to do a mock for 2006. Then after we open, start in on 2007, immediately.

But we are getting there.

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
I think we should get the site up as soon as possible and then update it as time goes on. That way we get our name out there, lose some of the pressure of getting 100 profiles written in the X amount of weeks, and have up to date articles on the site at those times. We have a few articles and enough profiles to make it legit. Once it is up we update it with every profile we write...

·
Registered
82 Posts
i am back from the holidays and i can go on for for some euro profiles now. i will also write an article about the u18 and the u20 euro championship

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
What about Matthew? Is he going to write profiles? He's the pro, right?

Write more profiles guys! If you haven't seen them play, just copy it from other sites and put it in your own words, or just use the other sites for a guideline, like I do..

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
Yeah I will be getting back to competing here with vigilante and xtf lol. I was going there early but I am going to try and get back on track. The problem is a lot of the sites have yet to put up profiles for most guys... Why can't we do the same? They are waiting for the college basketball/ International Leagues to start.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
sheefo13 said:
Yeah I will be getting back to competing here with vigilante and xtf lol. I was going there early but I am going to try and get back on track. The problem is a lot of the sites have yet to put up profiles for most guys... Why can't we do the same? They are waiting for the college basketball/ International Leagues to start.
Thats what I said, but we want to launch before than, so we're in a weird situation. truebluefan made a good point in that if we launch now, we are only going to struggle because the lack of 'active' writers we have right now. But again it's a weird situation because many people would rather write during the college season.

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
The only ones that I really used were nbadraft.net, and draftexpress.com. But I have found a little info off of espn and such.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts