Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it's Kevin Garnett's jab step, spin, fadeaway combination... that's his go-to move and there's nothing the defender can do. He's just too quick and too tall.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
the most unstoppable move in the nba??? easy, a perfectly placed pass. as far as a dribble move tho, allen iversons crossover circa 3-4 years ago was pretty much untouchable by most all defenders.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Jordan's turn-around fade-away was the most unstoppable move in the NBA in his later years, and it's a move both Kobe Bryant and Tracy McGrady have down.

It's basically unguardable...which is balanced by being a tremendously-high difficulty shot. That shot is a large part of what separates Bryant and McGrady from other perimeter players as scorers nonpareil.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Originally posted by <b>drewson</b>!
Laettner's Jumpshot
Are you Christian Laettner or something? You are in love with him or something. All you talk about is C-L8. But, L8's jumper is almost deadlocked to go in every time. I only seen him miss 4 times.

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Minstrel</b>!
Jordan's turn-around fade-away was the most unstoppable move in the NBA in his later years, and it's a move both Kobe Bryant and Tracy McGrady have down.

It's basically unguardable...which is balanced by being a tremendously-high difficulty shot. That shot is a large part of what separates Bryant and McGrady from other perimeter players as scorers nonpareil.
Pierce can do it farely well, but it's a move that Ron Artest can handle on the defensive end. Yao Ming's fadeaway and Shaq's booty bump are 2 post moves that the defense cannot effect.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kevin Garnett does the same thing but he's seven feet tall.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
I'd have to say anytime Shaq gets the ball strong side paint. After that, it's either you get dunked on or you foul him.

But I agree with Minstrel. Before it had to be Jordan's fade away, which Kobe and Tmac partially have down.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
6. The MJ Fadeway Resurrection (only Kobe's, Pierce's, and T-mac's)
5. Iverson's Crossover
4. Peja's jumpshot (gets if off so quick)
3. KG's post combination (mentioned earlier)
2. Yao's fadeaway
1. Shaq's raw power

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MJG</b>!

Yao Ming does the same thing but he's seven feet five inches tall :grinning:
Yao had a nice one today over Haywood.

·
Premium Member
7,239 Posts
Rodney Rogers committing a turnover, or doing something dumb.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Garnett and Yao do not shoot the same fall-away. They can shoot turn-arounds and ocassional fall-aways, but they don't have the ability to fall and turn at the same time and fire in mid-air.

Originally posted by <b>The Franchise</b>!

Pierce can do it farely well, but it's a move that Ron Artest can handle on the defensive end.
I disagree that Artest can handle it. Nobody has the reach and reaction time to stretch across a falling-away body and get at the shot. It's completely out of the defense's hands...the question is simply: Will he hit it or not? For most, the answer is no. Jordan hit it routinely. McGrady and Bryant hit it surprisingly often. Carter and Pierce can hit it, but it's not a high enough percentage shot for them to attempt often.

I should say: It's impossible to defend it with any one player. A double- or triple-team, of course, can affect or kill the shot.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts