1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now we have 10 blokes @ at a tick over $35M

Bax and Roger the Dodger should be considered locks for the roster

That's 12 and $36M

So who are the last 3 guys to be added to our roster??

Cast you votes here punters

Fat Jerry's picks :
  • Matt "Harpoon" Harpring
  • Marc " I left my heart ( and chance for a payday ) in San Francisco" Jackson
  • Corie "Sharpie" Blount

What say you all?

Say it loud , say it proud

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I would be happy with Harpring. He gives a legit 3 who can play D. Who knows what ERob's injury status is. Blount would give us a decent, shotblocking backup who doesn't demand the ball. I would like more of a defensive presence behind Eddy. Dali won't be able to stay in games for more than 4 minutes a stretch at the rate he is progressing.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
I say no to Marc Jackson. I lost a lot of respect for him when he finally got traded and still was out of shape and surly. Plus, not a lot of defense.

If possible, I'd prefer Ervin "not so Magic" Johnson. Yeah, he's older, but he's a hard worker, plays defense, and wouldn't be a possible trouble-maker.

The other guys I have no problem with. I like Harpring, but I'd prefer Rashard Lewis, and I don't want to end up giving Harpring an over-sized contract like we did with ERob.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
isn't Rodney Rogers available? I don't believe the Celts are gonna sign him after the Baker trade.

he's just the kind of vet back-up player Rose is looking for.

as for a back-up big man... it looks like we're down to Doleac and Kevin Willis. and yes, Corie Blount is a possibility (yikes). either way it doesn't look great. Willis is probably the best option. if he can still play at 40 or 41, then fine. he'll only be here one season regardless.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
i prefer lewis. I hope lewis. He is going to visit by next week. But i am prepared not to get lewis. Harpring yes by all means. I love his hustle. He plays hard and is a "tough" sf as you brought out! Over 7 rebounds a game is quite good.

Center? Skinner? He is a little small but can play some in the east. Blount? For what we need hime for, he wil do. Bount has his games where he can score. He runs the floor pretty good from what i can remember of his game. I have too many questions about Jackson. Doesn't look like we can get popey either but he would really help this young club

·
I never slice.
2,282 Posts
Just one comment about Blount... Krause got rid of him before for nothing more than $100,000 (that's the number I remember anyways). I read where Blout is seriously dumb-- as in couldn't even follow what the coaches were instructing him to do. If true, I don't expect the Bulls will bring him back.

·
Registered
510 Posts
i do like Harpring. If what Kneepad says about Blount is true, thats a problem because I could deal with him otherwise. Marc Jackson is someone I am not sure of, I like Popeye Jones but he is not going to play center.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I like Harpring to. He is a tough player. A scrapper. He rebounds, plays d, and has a decent jumpshot. If we got him, I think Rose would definetely be starting at SG.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts