Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this was pretty interesting. I read an article online that said some people are born with certain traits that help them develop athletic skills much quikcer than your average person. They call them athletically gifted, I think thats pretty much already known, but this has a little more substance. Some people apparently are born with a body that uses energy more effeciently, metabolism i guess, and that not only can affect your weight, but for some reason it is also suppose to make your brain more open to athletic skills. Confusing, really confusing, I still don't get it.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
How about posting the article?

???

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its gone...

There was a link for the website at this message board, and the page its on is gone. I should have put it on my favorites. But if i see the article again i'll post it here. sorry bout that

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
my thougths

You should not act so suprised. Some people are born with god give athletic talent. There is a kid back in high school that could jump 40 inchs like nothing, he never even worked out at all. Some people are naturally fast, some are naturally strong, and naturally quick. The only part I found interesting in your post is that some people can get more energy that other, that was suprising.

Best athletes today.

Vince Carter/ Tracy McGrady/ Randy Moss/ Kobe Bryant/
LaVar Arrington/ Cory Maggette/ Daunte Culpepper/ Kevin Garnett.....

And there is a reason most of the are basketball players, best athletes in the world IMO.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: my thougths

Originally posted by OZZY
You should not act so suprised. Some people are born with god give athletic talent. There is a kid back in high school that could jump 40 inchs like nothing, he never even worked out at all. Some people are naturally fast, some are naturally strong, and naturally quick. The only part I found interesting in your post is that some people can get more energy that other, that was suprising.

Best athletes today.

Vince Carter/ Tracy McGrady/ Randy Moss/ Kobe Bryant/
LaVar Arrington/ Cory Maggette/ Daunte Culpepper/ Kevin Garnett.....

And there is a reason most of the are basketball players, best athletes in the world IMO.
I know, the part I found surprising is the fact that as you mentioned, some peoples metabolism actually increases the rate of which they pick up new athletic skills.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts