Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man its just crap. A lot of guys out there just swearing at their teammates all game calling them motha****as. Wheres the guys with smiles while playing. Its just a bunch of bs athletic guys playing for a check. Get some guys that actually love the game and that would be more exciting. We don't need the Scottie Pippens, Eddie Robinsons, and Dikembe Mutumbo's doing dicksquat and getting a huge paycheck its a bunch of bull****. Like players like Ben Wallace etc. don't smile and stuff on the court but at least they are producing for their check. People like Pippen that abuse a nice organization our just sorry. Just retire for no pay. The game needs to get back to its ROOTS of a 5 guys on a team having FUN.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
I think they have a hard time smiling, because they are trying to win. I'll tell you one thing, when I was playing ball in HS, unless we were blowing someone out, it was never as much fun as a pickup game was. We are trying to win and can't have as much fun, because the goal is to win, not have fun.

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
I kind of get what you're saying. Those guys at the local courts who are always complaining during games, getting mad, trying to start fights with the opponents... it seems like there is a disporportionate amount of those guys in the NBA.

But at least it means they care.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!
I think they have a hard time smiling, because they are trying to win. I'll tell you one thing, when I was playing ball in HS, unless we were blowing someone out, it was never as much fun as a pickup game was. We are trying to win and can't have as much fun, because the goal is to win, not have fun.
People don't realize that they play better when they are actually having fun.

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BabyBlueSlugga7</b>!

People don't realize that they play better when they are actually having fun.
I think it's more they're having fun because they are playing better...

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!

I think it's more they're having fun because they are playing better...
Exactly. The game stops being fun, when you are losing every night.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
lol, the guy who started this thread got what we call in chinese the "1000 miles ears!" Why? Does the guy hear what they say on the court? Not that you are 14 years old, but in chinese it takes longer than 20 years to have the 1000 miles ears working. lol, 14 already developed?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John</b>!
lol, the guy who started this thread got what we call in chinese the "1000 miles ears!" Why? Does the guy hear what they say on the court? Not that you are 14 years old, but in chinese it takes longer than 20 years to have the 1000 miles ears working. lol, 14 already developed?
...................Alrighty John......:confused:

:laugh:

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
How do you remember what the NBA was like at the age of 14? No offense, just wondering.

And anyway, I disagree. While the NBA has certainly gotten more "street" over the years, the best teams were hardly smiling when they were winning championships back in, say, the 1980's.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I think that ppl of the 50's to 70's see and what i think you are trying to say is that alot of athletes forget that they began this game because they love to play it and not for that huge paycheck that athletes recieve nowadays

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Again it's not like that. Have any of you played organized basketball? The games are not fun, when you are not winning (and you have to be winning comfortably). Basketball competitively (in leagues or organized) is not much fun, because you don't want to lose. So you are giving it your all and if you win, you reflect on how much fun it was.

I stopped having fun in organized basketball games when I was 15 years old. It was all business from there.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!
Again it's not like that. Have any of you played organized basketball? The games are not fun, when you are not winning (and you have to be winning comfortably). Basketball competitively (in leagues or organized) is not much fun, because you don't want to lose. So you are giving it your all and if you win, you reflect on how much fun it was.

I stopped having fun in organized basketball games when I was 15 years old. It was all business from there.
Very well said. Though, in my experience, organized ball was always "fun", just not the type of "fun" you would have playing a game of street ball with strangers or a friendly game of ball at the local gym. They're two different types of fun; one is the joy of the game itself, and one is the laid back type of fun you have with good acquaintances or close friends.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts