Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

201 - 220 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
This is awful. I just feel so bad for the players. They worked hard and sacrificed a lot this year, and to have it end like this is heartbreaking for them.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
It's 100% Roger Ayers acting as a super-spreader.

I forgot about Georgia Tech's Moses Wright. He got to Indy, tested positive and they played the first round game without him.

3/11 - Georgia Tech vs Miami (Roger Ayers)

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
This straight up sucks out loud for VCU, and I'm sorry for all the Rams fans. I can't imagine how pissed you must be.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I thought that the NCAA had a rule that if you had 5 guys who were Ok, you could play.
Guess not.
Must be something in the water in Dayton.
Ok Dr. Fauci, maybe the people in the hotel with out masks, per a source, were not from Dayton? The spreaders were probably a D3 program thinking that they had a chance to play the Spiders In the A10 tournament.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
It's 100% Roger Ayers acting as a super-spreader.

I forgot about Georgia Tech's Moses Wright. He got to Indy, tested positive and they played the first round game without him.

3/11 - Georgia Tech vs Miami (Roger Ayers)
But Bona didn‘t have positive tests?

·
Piker
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
McGlade needs to go. This is shameful. Also fuck Dayton. What was the point of moving it there? Absolutely stupid decision.

This entire year has been horrific and I know the team is gutted. No words for what has transpired. I know for a fact that VCU has done their utmost
to follow safety protocols. Is what it is but this is just sad. Bernadette is on my shit list I can tell you that.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
I hear you.

But I think Norlander's story on VCU thinking they got it at the hotel in Dayton does a huge disservice to the A-10, UD, the Dayton Marriott, etc.

I'm a stats guy and our known major conference cases the last 10 days are: VCU, Georgia Tech, Virginia, Kansas, Duke; and possibly Louisville (no mention of COVID but declined the NIT invite and ended their season). And of course, the refs being sent home.

FIVE of the six schools are connected through the ref who was sent home! Ayers worked the ACC Tourney and then the A-10 Final.

The Players have probably done the best job of anyone at following protocols. Give the kids rules and they will follow them because they get told what to do by their coaches all the time; and they are accountable to their teammates and no player wants to be the one who fucked it up for his teammates. The refs on the other hand.... they are not used to being told what to do.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
It's ridiculous NCAA bullshit to boldly announce they have a plan, boldly announce a policy "5 players and a coach!" and then immediately disregard the policy they announced when the situation they made the policy for rears it's ugly head.

And to throw the blame on VCU when it's blatantly obvious what happened is really disheartening. The VCU players did nothing wrong but be unlucky. They should not be shit on.

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
It's ridiculous NCAA bullshit to boldly announce they have a plan, boldly announce a policy "5 players and a coach!" and then immediately disregard the policy they announced when the situation they made the policy for rears it's ugly head.

And to throw the blame on VCU when it's blatantly obvious what happened is really disheartening. The VCU players did nothing wrong but be unlucky. They should not be shit on.
Well, it wasn’t the NCAA, it was the county.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
You can. Because the Bonnies didn't means it's not possible?
I've spoken with 2 physicians on this, and their thoughts are that it would be highly unlikely with this virus, like any other virus, that once you've fought it off that it can take host in your body again. A variant should be easily fought off. Unclear if it could cause a positive test again.

I think that it absolutely makes sense that if the SBU team all had it that they would not pick it up during the game even if exposed to the particular referee.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Ok Dr. Fauci, maybe the people in the hotel with out masks, per a source, were not from Dayton? The spreaders were probably a D3 program thinking that they had a chance to play the Spiders In the A10 tournament.
Easy Jaffie. I assumed that more than 2 players got it, but that VCU still had 5+ to play...and that was the NCAA rule for continuing.
It seems the local county had some input, but I'm still unclear if they forced the issue, or out of an abundance of caution VCU decided it was best not to play.
Tragic situation for the Rams any way you look at it. I know the ref didn't do it on purpose, but it sounds like officials following of protocols might not have been as good as the teams in the games he worked.

In other news, out of 14 million brackets on ESPN yesterday, there were 106 perfect ones still alive, until Abilene Christian put an end to them.

201 - 220 of 240 Posts