Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

221 - 240 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
My 7 year-old filled out her first bracket this past week. She had VCU winning it all.

I had to break the news to her this morning that she’s not allowed to fill out a bracket ever again.
I wouldn't blame her, it was probably PAV's bracket that was the jinx.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Enough of this doom and gloom stuff, lads. It's not all bad this morning.

How about Shaka and dem Longhorns?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I still want to see Shaka succeed. I don’t necessarily root for the Longhorns, but don’t have any ill will. But I do enjoy the big upsets.
On the other hand, I did enjoy seeing UVA and UConn fall out.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
My 7 year-old filled out her first bracket this past week. She had VCU winning it all.

I had to break the news to her this morning that she’s not allowed to fill out a bracket ever again.
And innocent little super fan, I like it.

In an actual "should have known better" jinx, the asshole that tweets from "bona blog" decided to resurface after 2 years hiatus right after the A10 title. He just couldn't help himself and had to chest thump. The only rational conclusion I can come to is it's his fault.

·
Registered
64 Posts
And innocent little super fan, I like it.

In an actual "should have known better" jinx, the asshole that tweets from "bona blog" decided to resurface after 2 years hiatus right after the A10 title. He just couldn't help himself and had to chest thump. The only rational conclusion I can come to is it's his fault.
Those guys honestly suck. Why on earth did they have to resurface? They have constant shit takes and wildly overreact when we have a poor game.

·
Registered
65 Posts
He hasn't even been back for 2 weeks and he's put the following out there to his 4,500 followers:

Admitted he hasn't watched a Bona game in two years prior to the A10 final (maybe he was joking), yet went on a Louisiana radio program.

Postured Schmidt may leave Bona to take a presumptive opening at Loyola-Chicago.

Flamed speculation about Adaway leaving the program.

Questioned why there's a weight room at the NCAA tournament sites.

Speculated that AJ Bramah wouldn't get playing time at Bona directly on a thread where he quote tweeted Bramah.

I've been cranky since Saturday afternoon, so this may be a bit much, but I think in addition to being an imbecile he also hurts the program.

·
Registered
65 Posts
He hasn't even been back for 2 weeks and he's put the following out there to his 4,500 followers:

Admitted he hasn't watched a Bona game in two years prior to the A10 final (maybe he was joking), yet went on a Louisiana radio program.

Postured Schmidt may leave Bona to take a presumptive opening at Loyola-Chicago.

Flamed speculation about Adaway leaving the program.

Questioned why there's a weight room at the NCAA tournament sites.

Speculated that AJ Bramah wouldn't get playing time at Bona directly on a thread where he quote tweeted Bramah.

I've been cranky since Saturday afternoon, so this may be a bit much, but I think in addition to being an imbecile he also hurts the program.
Add to the list tonight’s contribution that it wouldn’t matter if Alpha Okoli (who is very important to this team even if it doesn’t show in the box score) transferred out.

Even if you wanted to pretend that was right, why would an account with that following (especially one that appears to at least have an unofficial affiliation with the school) put that out there about one of our guys? One of our seven! What a prick.

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,599 Posts
Add to the list tonight’s contribution that it wouldn’t matter if Alpha Okoli (who is very important to this team even if it doesn’t show in the box score) transferred out.

Even if you wanted to pretend that was right, why would an account with that following (especially one that appears to at least have an unofficial affiliation with the school) put that out there about one of our guys? One of our seven! What a prick.
My gosh. I can't even. IFN (Bona Blog) SUCKS. The worst kind of sports fan/hot take boy. Just remember: he is the poster boy for the "We aren't worthy!" crowd among SBU fans/alums--yet here he is, resurfaced, right after we win the outright conference championship. EAT SHIT, IFN!

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
He can EHOMFA. Tweet this shit under an IFN account. Who can tell him get rid of that twitter, its a bad look with bad takes and he's just plain bad for the U. F that guy.

·
Piker
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
I went to check out what was going on in the Twittersphere. I remember that account. Pretty much every school has a fan or fans that commandeer the program name for a Twitter account or podcast these days. The thing that gets me it is usually some relatively new fan that has been around the program for a short time or is sketchy on the history of the team. As an outsider even I know that Schmidt has mined the transfer and JUCO market to shore up his teams. He has a great base of seniors returning and he will get a couple guys that will help complete the puzzle for next year and beyond. The sauceboxes that come out with hot takes and pseudo analysis become nothing more than the little boy that cried wolf after awhile. They are pesky and hard to ignore but they want it that way.

Reactions: Bill Russell

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
It's amazing how many people there are that are totally unqualified to speak on a topic, but their shitty opinions are amplified solely because of domain name squatting and timing.

If that dude tweets his stupid shit under a generic name like MaleKaren1858, he's no different than the crazy guy at the end of the bar saying stupid shit that everyone knows is wrong. But all of us see his stupid bullshit because his account simply looks like he's a fringe media member.

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,599 Posts
It's amazing how many people there are that are totally unqualified to speak on a topic, but their shitty opinions are amplified solely because of domain name squatting and timing.

If that dude tweets his stupid shit under a generic name like MaleKaren1858, he's no different than the crazy guy at the end of the bar saying stupid shit that everyone knows is wrong. But all of us see his stupid bullshit because his account simply looks like he's a fringe media member.
Yeah... but he was a team manager under Anthony Solomon, so his cliched, boilerplate “takes” on the program are infallible (jack off hand signal).

·
Piker
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
CBS announcers......Buddy Boeheim is Jim's son and he is incredible. Not sure who any of the Houston Cougars are but Houston is winning though.

Reactions: PYBonnie05

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
An incredible game. Other than Gonzaga 3 point shooting, and both teams missing some FTs nearly everything was just played at the best level. UCLA looked great. In the studio Kenny had said last team to possess would win the game. Quite prescient.

221 - 240 of 240 Posts