Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-060327

Greg Anthony seems to think so. (and the "most smartest" is his phrasing)

And as I've been thinking about it...I realize that to my knowledge...though he may not always make home run deals...Rod Thorn has NEVER made a bad move as Nets GM.

Eddie Griffin for Richard Jefferson AND Jason Collins - Considered insane at the time, it's turned out to be one of the most one-sided ripoffs in NBA history. Griffin has busted, and even came BACK to the Nets as a free agent. They decided they didn't want him. According to Thorn, his second choice for the third player (after Brandon Armstrong) was Gilbert Arenas. Scary.

Stephon Marbury for Jason Kidd - Nuff said. Ripoff quality.

MacCulloch/Van Horn for Mutombo - Doesn't seem good, but remember, MacCulloch retired the very same season, sticking the Sixers with his contract.

Viktor Khryapa for 3 million dollars cash - Sweet.

Kenyon Martin for 3 First Round Picks - People thought it was a bad move, it's turning out great. Nuggets are trying to move Martin. Nets used one of those picks for the next deal...

Aaron Williams/Eric Williams/1st Round pick for Vince Carter - Nuff said. Pure ripoff.

NOT bringing in Shareef Abdur-Rahim - I was really against it. But Reef has been injured on and off and his averages are actually worse than Krstic.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
The Nets are definitely a well managed franchise.

·
Banned
57,945 Posts

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
tempe85 said:
I'm not sure how someone can say this about a team which has never won the NBA championship.. but I guess whatever floats your boat.
judging from your avatar im guessing ur a suns fan?? and what exactly has YOUR team won either???...at least the nets have been to the finals twice and even though they lost,they know what it takes to make it there, i cant say so about ur phoenix team that got owned last year even with homecourt advantage..Rod thorn is a very smart GM, along with the spurs Gm too

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
EGarrett said:
Viktor Khryapa for 3 million dollars cash - Sweet.
I don't see how this can be a real positive. Khryapa isn't exactly busting up the league but he has shown that he has a solid career ahead of him as a bench player/energy guy. His defense is pretty good and he rebounds well. He needs some work on his offensive game (well mainly he needs to go harder at the basket and not pass up shots quite so often). Giving away players for money generally isn't a smart move (and yes, I know that Ratner basically forced the choice, so I don't really blame Thorn, but I still think it's a bad move). But hey, if Nets fans are happy with it I won't complain. Maybe it really was a positive for both sides.

·
Banned
57,945 Posts
Foulzilla said:
I don't see how this can be a real positive. Khryapa isn't exactly busting up the league but he has shown that he has a solid career ahead of him as a bench player/energy guy. His defense is pretty good and he rebounds well. He needs some work on his offensive game (well mainly he needs to go harder at the basket and not pass up shots quite so often). Giving away players for money generally isn't a smart move (and yes, I know that Ratner basically forced the choice, so I don't really blame Thorn, but I still think it's a bad move). But hey, if Nets fans are happy with it I won't complain. Maybe it really was a positive for both sides.
Part of that 3M was used to pay the Clippers to take Kittles for a 2nd rounder, clearing off 9M and creating a huge trade exception for the Nets.

With the ownership in transition, don't know if that would had happened otherwise.

-Petey

·
Banned
57,945 Posts
EGarrett said:
True, and the Nets signed Rodney Rogers the same summer.
Only thing he was good for was the Rodney Rogers' Name Game!

-Petey

·
Banned
675 Posts
thacarter said:
judging from your avatar im guessing ur a suns fan?? and what exactly has YOUR team won either???...at least the nets have been to the finals twice and even though they lost,they know what it takes to make it there, i cant say so about ur phoenix team that got owned last year even with homecourt advantage..Rod thorn is a very smart GM, along with the spurs Gm too
I love how instead of actually addressing the point he makes you instead just attack him over something that had nothing at all to do with this thread (the phoenix suns playoff history). Sorry, you're going to have to try better than that.

·
Registered
10,131 Posts
iverson101 said:
I love how instead of actually addressing the point he makes you instead just attack him over something that had nothing at all to do with this thread (the phoenix suns playoff history). Sorry, you're going to have to try better than that.
thecarter's comment is relevent for it proves just how IRREVELENT tempe85 comment is TO THIS THREAD.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Chaser 55 said:
the term "most smartest" is actually what Greg Anthony said, so if you guys are going to bash anyone, bash him, not the thread starter
Indeed. But I'm appreciating the pure irony here...which is that anyone who makes fun of "most smartest" in the thread title was too illiterate to actually read/notice the first line of my post...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.