Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
netsgiants said:
Anyone got any solutions for our PF situation?

Ethan Thomas
Nazr Mohammed
Joel Przybilla

are all people i would like to see in Nets uniforms.

A trade i would seriously consider even though i'll probally get laughed at on this board is something like RJ for Joel Przybilla and Darius Miles.
jefferson is byc so i dont think it'll work for przybilla and miles

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
netsgiants said:
Anyone got any solutions for our PF situation?

Ethan Thomas
Nazr Mohammed
Joel Przybilla

are all people i would like to see in Nets uniforms.

A trade i would seriously consider even though i'll probally get laughed at on this board is something like RJ for Joel Przybilla and Darius Miles.
out of that list, no one is tradeable.
the spurs like nazr but hes the most tradeable one but he isnt that good.portland will never surrender a talent joel, and the wiz dont hav that much shotblockers so they will keep etan.

my solution would be is to trade for guys like troy murphy,swift,or juwan howard.
if we dont trade, then we will make a run at evans in the offseason.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
inuyasha232 said:
out of that list, no one is tradeable.
the spurs like nazr but hes the most tradeable one but he isnt that good.portland will never surrender a talent joel, and the wiz dont hav that much shotblockers so they will keep etan.

my solution would be is to trade for guys like troy murphy,swift,or juwan howard.
if we dont trade, then we will make a run at evans in the offseason.
It's just so silly. Pryzbilla is the Blazers' co-captain and he recently talked about how much he loves Portland. Nazr Mohamed would make a nice addition but at his salary, $5.5 million, how do the Nets obtain him. Why for example would the Spurs trade Mohamed for Jackson when Jackson doesnt play defense well and has a player option for nearly $5 million next year. Juwan Howard is going on 33 years old and has had a series of health problems. Swift has already shown he is not much more than an athlete. Think smaller: Wilcox or Ely make some sense.

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
NetIncome said:
It's just so silly. Pryzbilla is the Blazers' co-captain and he recently talked about how much he loves Portland. Nazr Mohamed would make a nice addition but at his salary, $5.5 million, how do the Nets obtain him. Why for example would the Spurs trade Mohamed for Jackson when Jackson doesnt play defense well and has a player option for nearly $5 million next year. Juwan Howard is going on 33 years old and has had a series of health problems. Swift has already shown he is not much more than an athlete. Think smaller: Wilcox or Ely make some sense.
u forgot one thing: wilcox and ely r just athleticism as well.at least swift can block shots.
everything b4 that u basically restated wat i said but w / more detail;)

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
The Blazers won't trade Joel, he's stated he wants to resign. If traded to NJ, don't know if he would feel the same way, nor would we have his bird rights, making him a hard resign as a team far over the cap.

-Petey

·
Registered
976 Posts
Yea, Portland will only be open to trading Ratliff, why trade a younger, more talented cheaper center(joel) when you have the same player being paid 5 times as much (ratliff)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Brian Skinner will be a great addition.

·
Registered
976 Posts
X-JAY said:
Brian Skinner will be a great addition.
you mean would be?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
funkylikemonkey said:
you mean would be?
Yes.
And he's not getting much playing time in Sacramento (only 12MPG) so it won't be too hard to get him.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
I want Al Harrington!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Al Harrington, Nazr Mohammad and PJ Brown would be the best 3 choices. They all can be acquired with Thorn giving up one of the first rounders we have.

Thorn should give up one of the 1st rounders, especially considering that his coach wont even play a rookie. We still have Ilic coming over and between him, Wright and possibly Drejer we already have enough projects for Frank to contend with.

Having only one rookie next year would probably be more than enough considering Franks tendencies. I say give up the damn pick.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Nets1524512 said:
Al Harrington, Nazr Mohammad and PJ Brown would be the best 3 choices. They all can be acquired with Thorn giving up one of the first rounders we have.

Thorn should give up one of the 1st rounders, especially considering that his coach wont even play a rookie. We still have Ilic coming over and between him, Wright and possibly Drejer we already have enough projects for Frank to contend with.

Having only one rookie next year would probably be more than enough considering Franks tendencies. I say give up the damn pick.
Terrible opinion.
Mohammad isn't going anywhere. PJ Brown will probobly cost us too much because the Hornets don't have decent bigmen. And Harrington isn't really a PF.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
X-JAY said:
Terrible opinion.
Mohammad isn't going anywhere. PJ Brown will probobly cost us too much because the Hornets don't have decent bigmen. And Harrington isn't really a PF.
harrington is young and much more athletic than all those guys

plus we don't really need a true PF, harrington is a good post player and will get us adequate rebounds (he is a good rebounder).

also, he would be the easiest to get because the hawks already have marvin williams and josh smith at harrington's position, (both are younger than harrington). they should be willing to trade al for a player and a pick.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
X-JAY said:
Terrible opinion.

Tell me why Mohammad isnt going anywhere? He is buried on the SA bench and they want Oberto to become their backup big man, Between Duncan, Nestervoich, Oberto, Horry.... Mohammad is the odd man out. I also believe he is on the last year of his contract, and the Spurs would gladly accept a 1st round pick for him. Also, before you attack others..maybe you should write at least one post thats worth reading.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Nets1524512 said:
Tell me why Mohammad isnt going anywhere? He is buried on the SA bench and they want Oberto to become their backup big man, Between Duncan, Nestervoich, Oberto, Horry.... Mohammad is the odd man out. I also believe he is on the last year of his contract, and the Spurs would gladly accept a 1st round pick for him. Also, before you attack others..maybe you should write at least one post thats worth reading.
Please, stop with those empty statements. I get the feeling that you wrote this post only because you want to prove that you can type.
Yes, Mohammed is in his last year of his contract. But had you studied it a little bit or watched the Spurs, you would have known that Nazr gets more PT than Oberto. The Spurs are still the premier contenders for the championship the year, and frontcourt depth and quality is very important for the playoffs. Nazr is very valuable. The fact that he's "only" the 1st backup center on the team doesn't mean that they will trade him easily.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
fruitcake said:
harrington is young and much more athletic than all those guys

plus we don't really need a true PF, harrington is a good post player and will get us adequate rebounds (he is a good rebounder).

also, he would be the easiest to get because the hawks already have marvin williams and josh smith at harrington's position, (both are younger than harrington). they should be willing to trade al for a player and a pick.
He will only ruin the chemistry (and we don't have a great chimestry). Heck, I'm not Collins biggest fan and I rather give him PT over Harrington.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Skinner was a nice get for the Kings last year...he had at least 2 blocks per game while averaging 10 rebounds or so...he's a nice low cost guy that the Nets could get.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts