Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To me, i think Wade should be dubbed 'Baby Jordan'. I know everyone hates the Mike comparisons...i do to actually but Wade is a great player and to be named Baby Jordan would be quite an honour.

I wonder where Harold Miner is these days....

·
Registered
397 Posts
white- have you compared Wade's 2nd year stats to Jordan's? I'd be curious to see those because that would tell us how far along he is.

·
Registered
971 Posts
well dwade is a very underrated player and i think he will be amazing but i dont think he will be that amazing. although i do have to say i hope im wrong :wink:

·
Registered
62 Posts
kidred said:
white- have you compared Wade's 2nd year stats to Jordan's? I'd be curious to see those because that would tell us how far along he is.

Stats are massively overrated and can be constrewn to show pretty much anything. Sure, Jordan put up absolutely sick numbers his fist few years but what did they win?

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
no comparison nicknames... let the kid build his own legacy.

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
Again, if they put that much hype on him, he will be considered a bust. No one deserves to have so much pressure put on their shoulders, and although they may be similar in more then one way, Michael Jordan is the type of athlete and talent that only comes once in a lifetime, IMO.

Dwyane Wade is his own, and damn good, might I add. Leave the comparisons to legends alone, puh-lease.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Wade's style of play is alot like Jordan's....I don't think anyone can deny that. Watch a tape of young MJ, and watch Dwyane...alot of simularities in their play. But is Dwyane as good as MJ? Not yet, maybe never. But why try to make him the next MJ? How about being the first Dwyane Wade?

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i was never implying he was as good as mike or anything, i was saying the nickname suits Wade because he is like a mini Mike...whether u like it or not there are similarities. Sure, let the kid be the first Dwyane Wade!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Bl_ckB_st_rd said:
Stats are massively overrated and can be constrewn to show pretty much anything. Sure, Jordan put up absolutely sick numbers his fist few years but what did they win?
I don't think Jordan was as well rounded his first two years. I think Wade is better defensively now and not sure how the assists go. It Jordan what 5 years to win it? He also had Pippen and the triangle/Jackson.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Honestly, he did grow up in Chicago, his game is patterned after Jordan's. He's watched Jordan his whole life, every game. Wade reminds me of Jordan, much more than anyone. Kobe has Jordan's turnaround down pact, but Wade physically even down to skin tone looks like MJ out there when he plays. That buzzer beater against the Knicks helps too.

·
Registered
234 Posts
BG44 said:
i was never implying he was as good as mike or anything, i was saying the nickname suits Wade because he is like a mini Mike
No offense, but that statement is so contradictory, that it is beyond hilarious.

You don't want to compare him to Mike, but then you do...which one is it?

·
Sincerely, Derrick Rose
3,012 Posts
I agree. I can't deny that man. Dwyane Wade is sooooooo cooool. I've never been so excited watching an individual player play since Michael Jordan. There's something about Wade that I can't seem to find in other similar talent like Hill, Penny, Kobe, and T-Mac. Man, I love Dwyane Wade. Did you see that block on Amare followed by 3/4 buzzer beater? He's done a lot of amazing stuff.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Wade is more like VC in second and third years with the raps. Not even close to MJ.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts