Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This up coming weeks will tell what are this Blazers are made of. All 6 games are winnable. (Of course all games are )

Three on the road DEN, PHO, UTA

Three at home SEA, DEN, UTA.

With some luck and good play the Blazers will be 27-24 (52% Win percentage would be the #9 seed with a game and a half out of the Playoff) and add loses to all those teams L record. It will come down between UTA, POR, SEA, GRIZZ at the end of the Season.

Looking at the February Schedule they have a good chance of moving up in the standing.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Agreed.

Utah and Seattle are the two teams between the Blazers and 8th place Memphis - those would be key wins in making a push towards the playoffs.

2 weeks ago, the Blazers were closer to the last place Suns than to a playoff berth. Today, they're 3-1/2 games back of Memphis for the 8th spot. In two weeks, they could easily be neck and neck with the Grizzlies - IF they keep the winning streak alive.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Hmm, I had resigned myself to a losing season...but I have to admit, this current squad has me engaged and interested.

They're athletic and exciting and seem to have a clue.

They might just make the playoffs...and I think they'd be a pretty dangerous #7/8 seed.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Miles

Adding Miles and moving RW to Center give this team an athletic and active starting five. Our Achilles hill is still the PG position-even though Damon had a great week- but we can't do anything about that until '05.

In case there is a roster move Davis should be the only one being shopped around. His only value comes in Playoff time.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
While I try to always be a positive person, I too am finally starting to think an outlandish thought, and the temptation to say a possible 10 game win streak formulates in my mind :eek:

but then I start to think of the 4 game win streak we have, and it being the longest of the season... Wizards, Grizzlies, Hawks and Bulls.

we beat the Grizzlies pretty handily really, but stumbled and almost lost to the other three which we should have beaten handily if we are to even think of possibly being a playoff team.

One of the marks of a playoff team I used in the past was the ability to beat the teams you should.. and do it well... We should beat GS by 15 and the Hawaks by 20 and the Bulls by 20, if we are a good team... but we do not. And defending the home court has almost been laughable the last few games. Being pulmelled by GS is not a good sign.

I am encouraged by the better shooting, and more energized play by our team recently. But the results are still not a very high caliber level of play. We just seem to be squeeking by the very bad teams in the league.

Can we switch the schedule to be playing all playoff quality teams the rest of the year? We might honestly do better.

February is a month in which we can make a move.. so was November, but we did not. Hopefully we will haev better results.

I am not trying to rain on the parade here. I am just being cautiously optimistic with this group. Consistantcy has not been their strong suit this year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts