Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Kendrick Perkins is 6'11". He will more likely be the next Shaq than the next Elton Brand.
The Next Elton Brand is IMO Leon Powe.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Alley-oop</b>!
Perkins is gonna be good. Maybe better than Elton Brand. He does have more hieght than Brando. ...
Just what I said. :yes:

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
I have a question:

How do we know who the next Elton Brand will be, when Elton has not reached his peak yet?

We can't. Elton still has time to improve his game even more than it is now.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can Someone Someon Give me info on Kendrick Perkins

What is his game like. I would like a couple of photo's of him dunking. if he can. I heard he is good but has Greg Ostertag Like Athletiscm. I WOULD REALLY LIKE PIC'S of HIM DUNKING this is all i can find.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
im just asking, how do you know who the next elton brand,shaq,mj. i mean is there a next paul pierce,jason kidd, or anyone one else? is it the way they play,act or look? im really curious to know.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
the next elton brand is zach randolf

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TheOrigiBulls</b>!
im just asking, how do you know who the next elton brand,shaq,mj. i mean is there a next paul pierce,jason kidd, or anyone one else? is it the way they play,act or look? im really curious to know.
Yes, it is they way the play and they are build. So let's compare:
Elton Brand - 6'8" PF, undersized for his position, but equalize it with strength and hard work.
Kendrick Perkins - 6'11" C, taller and stronger than Brand. He'd better be compared to Shaq.
Zach Randolph - 6'9" C/F, much more fatter than Brand. Has no true pos (undersized for C, not moveable enough for PF)
Leon Powe - 6'8" PF, undersized for his position, but equip with a 235 lbs. frame.

So, I think, if there's another Elton Brand it would be Leon Powe.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Some comments...

1. Kendrick Perkins is NOT stronger than Brand (yet).

2. Kendrick Perkins compared to Shaq???

3. Randolph is more maneuverable than Brand is, and has just as much skill. Also, Randolph is 252, and Elton is 265.

4. Leon Powe? OK...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Re: Some comments...

Originally posted by <b>Mao_Ying</b>!
Kendrick Perkins compared to Shaq???
Of course, why not?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JOHNNY_BRAVisimO</b>!

I really hope Zach gets the PT though...:cry:
He has loads of talent and madd skills, but he doesn't have the chance to showcase it, A good example J.O. when the Blazers drafted him, he was just a wasted talent on the bench, until he was traded to the Pacers.....I can bet the Blazers have been kicking themselves for letting him go and not giving the PT he deserved, The Blazers should trade Zach where he can be effective and develop, I just don't understand how the Blazers organization thinks or works, they load it up and let it go to waste

try to stay off the masked cursing, STING

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Re: Can Someone Someon Give me info on Kendrick Perkins

Originally posted by <b>Balla123456789</b>!
What is his game like. I would like a couple of photo's of him dunking. if he can. I heard he is good but has Greg Ostertag Like Athletiscm. I WOULD REALLY LIKE PIC'S of HIM DUNKING this is all i can find.

He even looks like Elton on that picture

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JOHNNY_BRAVisimO</b>!
Good choice!!! Randolf may even be better than Brand. Randolph is probably a better scorer. Teams should be calling the Blazers asking for Randolph especially if u need a power forward.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Leon Powe won't even make it to the NBA. Who was the last 6'7" 230 pound player to get drafted high as a power forward, let alone drafted? Unless he grows, which isn't out of the question considering he's only 18, he could be an NBA player, but right now, with the NBA's obsession with size(or lack of it) I don't see him getting much of a chance, at least right away.

Now, on the topic of who the next Brand is, I would say Kalen Grimes, a 6'8" 260 pound PF/C from St. Louis. He's a junior this year, and has been described as both a Brand and Malone type of player.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Originally posted by <b>moTIGS</b>!
Leon Powe won't even make it to the NBA. Who was the last 6'7" 230 pound player to get drafted high as a power forward, let alone drafted? Unless he grows, which isn't out of the question considering he's only 18, he could be an NBA player, but right now, with the NBA's obsession with size(or lack of it) I don't see him getting much of a chance, at least right away.
According to Schoolsports Powe is 6'8" like Brand. And Brand was #1 pick in 1999, did you forgot that? Futhermore he's a consensus top5 (or at least top10) of 2003 (like Brand was in 1997). After a strong year or two at Cal he will be a sure first-rounder.
Now, on the topic of who the next Brand is, I would say Kalen Grimes, a 6'8" 260 pound PF/C from St. Louis. He's a junior this year, and has been described as both a Brand and Malone type of player.
Grimes isn't among the top100 by Schoolsports.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Um, Grimes is a top 5-10 player in the 2004 class. I'm not sure what list you're looking at, but it's probably one for the 2003 class. Grimes was rated the best underclassman at last summer's
shoe camps, whichever one he went to.

I've seen Powe listed at 6'7" and 6'8", but mostly at 6'7", which means that's probably what he is. Plus he's not nearly as strong as Brand. He could get stronger, but unless he does he won't be a high pick. Yeah, I know Brand is 6'8" and was the first pick, but that was 4 years ago, and things have changed. The NBA looks even more at potential than they did back then. That's probably one of the biggest problems with the NBA right now though, they don't care if you can play right now, only if you've got the potential to be MJ. Just because someone's athletic they'll take them high, when in reality a guy like Powe should get the nod over some skinny athletic freak who can't play, but I don't see it happening.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Um, Grimes is a top 5-10 player in the 2004 class. I'm not sure what list you're looking at, but it's probably one for the 2003 class.
Yes, you're right. I'd look the wrong list. :shy:
But I don't think he's top5 in 2004. Basketballphenoms listed him as #25.
Yeah, I know Brand is 6'8" and was the first pick, but that was 4 years ago, and things have changed.
Maybe you're right, but that's what this topic is about. "Who is the next Elton Brand?", not "Who is the next great PF prospect".

1 - 20 of 31 Posts