Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Link

Is there any way we can get Tyrus Thomas? His stock has skyrocketed to the top on nbadraft.net & he's being compared to K-Mart. I think he could fill the void @ the power forward position. He's been stepping up his level the deeper LSU gets in the tournament. Maybe the Nets can trade to obtain draft rights to him once the lottery is settled.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably not. Hope he falls then

·
Banned
4,647 Posts
We're not going to get up to number one without giving up one of our main pieces. I'd rather make a play for a late lotto pick, and go for Noah or Rondo, or maybe even try to get up a little higher for McRoberts.

I don't think Thomas is a significantly better prospect than Noah or McRoberts anyway.

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
7M3 said:
I don't think Thomas is a significantly better prospect than Noah or McRoberts anyway.

Having seen them each play three full tourney games, I would take Noah over Thomas.

I am a huge fan of Kirilenko, and I see a lot of him in Noah.

·
Premium Member
3,961 Posts
Too late, should have lost in the first round, too much pub now. One guy who may drop that was once talked about here is Leon Powe. There's still a little time, right now we're looking at Josh Boone, Pittsnoogle, Marcus Williams, Daniel Gibson in terms of PG and PF mix. I don't thinik our two picks this year gets us into the top 12. I can see us moving to maybe 16 at best if we package the picks.

·
Banned
4,647 Posts
Kidd Karma said:
Too late, should have lost in the first round, too much pub now. One guy who may drop that was once talked about here is Leon Powe. There's still a little time, right now we're looking at Josh Boone, Pittsnoogle, Marcus Williams, Daniel Gibson in terms of PG and PF mix. I don't thinik our two picks this year gets us into the top 12. I can see us moving to maybe 16 at best if we package the picks.
The two picks aren't our only tradeable assets.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I like Josh Boone. Have not really seen much of the other games. But the games where i've seen Boone, he plays excellent man and team defense and is always aware of the court situation. Very quick leaper and shot blocker too from what i've seen. Nice hands.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
7M3 said:
We're not going to get up to number one without giving up one of our main pieces. I'd rather make a play for a late lotto pick, and go for Noah or Rondo, or maybe even try to get up a little higher for McRoberts.

I agree, i was very impressed by Noah yesterday, every1 told me this guy could play , i had to check myself and damn does he work in the paint. He's long, athletic, block shots and gets board. I am all for Noah.

·
Premium Member
3,961 Posts
7M3 said:
The two picks aren't our only tradeable assets.
Well last year Utah moved from 6 to 3 by giving up the 27th pick and a #1 pick from Detroit. So they give up essentially 2 low first rounders to move up 3 spots. In 2001 we move down 6 spots by getting 2 middle of the pack picks. The only tradeable asset we have in terms of players are Ilic, Drejer, Zoran, Collins and Wright. I don't even think tossing in Wright will get us to the 12 spot. Adding Ilic, may get us top 10.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Josh Boone is the KEY for the NETS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.