Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Sounds OK, both teams are without 2 top players, should be a close game.
I am beginning to think Toledo is without Komagum & Edu - 281 of their 5,800 minutes
We are without Golden & Francis - 1,242 of our 4,200 minutes

Not sure that is the same...

·
Piker
10,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Being without Golden and Francis gave some other guys a chance for a lot of minutes.
Those absences may have generated a "we're not expected to win so let's have a lot of fun" attitude, which ended up with a looser team that did very well...especially on defense in the second half.

A notable achievement: Gilyard broke a tie with Richmond Athletics Hall-of-Famer Greg Beckwith for the most assists in school history with his first assist of the game and finished the night with 578 career assists. He also passed Nebraska's Cookie Belcher to move into fifth on the Division I career steals list, with 354.

·
Piker
10,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
VCU showed other teams how to beat Dayton, by running two guys at Crutcher every time he had the ball in the offensive end. Dayton gives up 16 OFFENSIVE rebounds to Memphis. I realize they were short three players today, but what happened to boxing out?

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
I hope Richmond advances, but it seems unlikely with the injuries.
But I wonder why they scheduled the FF and Championship on consecutive days instead of having a day of rest?

·
Piker
10,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Ack...8 seconds, FTs would ice it, you can't miss the front end.
Good effort but damn it hurts to lose to a 3 with 2 seconds left.
Ugh.
Will be a loooooooong off-season.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts