Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

What will be the THIRD-worst team in the league this season?

• Memphis Grizzlies

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • New York Knicks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chicago Bulls

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Milwaukee Bucks

• Phoenix Suns

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ALL KNOW that the Cavs and Nuggets will suck more than ANYBODY this season. But what team will be the THIRD-worst team in the league in 2002-03? Here are some candidates:

Memphis
Golden State
New York
Chicago
Houston
Miami
Milwaukee
Phoenix

VOTE!

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I think the Grizzles or Golden State.

-Petey

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
the warriors, no doubt

·
Registered
932 Posts
tuff choice but Id go with the Heat. I think it's safe to say they're finally going through with the rebuilding process. They got their new star in Caron but Zo is hurt and I wouldnt be surprised if they shipped a few guys like Brian Grant and Eddie Jones. They looked bad last year for awhile and this year wont be much different.

·
Registered
642 Posts
The Grizz and Warriors may have the third worst records in the L next season but the wont be the third worst teams.

Playing in the West is a major disadvantage for young teams and I believe that the Grizz and Warriors would have FAR better records had they played in the East.

That said,

The Grizz won 23 games last season and the majority of their wins came at the end of the year. They have added the depth they were sorely lacking, they have a young core that's improving, and they can't possibly have as many injuries.

All things point to an improvement and I would predict a 5-9 game swing.

They won't be the 3rd worst team IMO, that honor will go to the Warriors who might be able to score some, but will get lit up night after night.

BTW my dark-horse team for "3rd worst record" is Seattle.

If they lose Payton and Lewis, they will be "on paper" the worst team in League.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by <b>Potatoe</b>!
BTW my dark-horse team for "3rd worst record" is Seattle.

If they lose Payton and Lewis, they will be "on paper" the worst team in League.
Yep, I totally agree, if those two dudes get traded sometime today or tomorrow, I'll put up a new post. A Sonics team without Payton and Lewis would be godawful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts