Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Quite frankly, I'm...
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Apprentice 2

....is back baby!

Premieres on Thursday, Sep 9th, 2004 on NBC.

The Donald

From the NBC Link:

• The second season will feature 18 candidates from all walks of life, including both Ivy League MBA graduates and street entrepreneurs with no college education.

In the Season Premiere, star and executive producer Donald Trump will split the candidates into two teams of nine. Each week, they will endure rigorous business tasks while living together in a hip Manhattan suite. Prominent Fortune 500 companies were enlisted to participate in many of the tasks. Like last season, the tasks will test their intelligence, chutzpah and street smarts. Unlike last season, the tasks will be more intense and the stakes much higher.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
The Official Apprentice 2 Thread!

Apprentice was by far my fav TV show last season, I didn't come close of following anything else on TV (except basketball and sports) as much as I did Apprentice.

Official Site: http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Apprentice_2/

Here are the 18 Candidates:

Kevin - 29 | Maria - 31 | Pamela - 32

Stacy J - 35 | Stacie R. - 26 | Wes - 28

Good to see a multicultural mix of contestants. If their personalities are even half as interesting as the contestants as the first series I'll be satisfied. The candidates are supposedly more qualified than the 1st season, but I'm sure I'll be finding myself saying "why the **** did he/she do that? I can do a way better job doing ______" many times. What really catches my interest in this series is that the contestants are gonna be working on projects with big name Fortune 500 companies, so it's gonna be a lil' more complicated than renting out a space or putting together an event.

I saw the preview of the 1st episode - the project will be to design a new Toy for Mattel. Should be interesting!

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
I will watch it.....but not this Thursday...Colts vs. Patriots is on....

I enjoyed last season though....

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
I knew from Episode 3 on that Bill was going to win. I won't be watching.

Some things stuck out to me from watchign that show:

Sam was an actor. As was Omarosa. They may not have done many projects before, but they played their roles well. Those were not real people.

Kristie, had been on Cinemax before, in red-shoe diaries.

And lastly, Kwame would have been fired a long time ago, if they weren't trying to grab the minority viewership. Usually minorities get voted off, much earlier and I can't lie, Kwame seems like a numbers guy, not a people person. I would have fired him too.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
This show is so BS. Why are all the females attractive? :no: This is why reality shows stink. There is nothing realistic about them.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!
This show is so BS. Why are all the females attractive? :no: This is why reality shows stink. There is nothing realistic about them.
Well it's the same reason why all Fear Factor chicks have big breasts.

Obviously these candidates aren't the most qualified of the 200,000+ that applied for the show, but they probably have the most interesting personalities. And like you pointed out, the show wants to have a diversity in contestants - whether it is difference in education level or ethnicity. And to be honest if the show's contestants were 18 dorky looking MBAs from Harvard I really wouldn't be too interested in the show...

I wouldn't say Omarosa is fake, did have a intern at the Whitehouse to her credit. And if they thought Sam would sell to the audience they would've kept him around for longer than 3 episodes. And if you kept watch the show you would've seen why Kwame stayed around 'til the end. He did suck in the beginning, but later on he really picked things up and proved to be a pretty good candidate.

I do agree that the contestants this time look too "normal" though. Having a chubby guy like Bowie or a midget like Sam wouldn't hurt.

·
Quite frankly, I'm...
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by <b>Midnight_Marauder</b>!
I will watch it.....but not this Thursday...Colts vs. Patriots is on....

I enjoyed last season though....
Yeah...but it will be flipping the channel from ABC to NBC..and vice versa. :D

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Did no one watch it tonight??!?!

Raj is cool, I'm gonna be rooting for him :D

·
Quite frankly, I'm...
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rob was the guy looked lost in their meeting then came up with some idea about an eel changing into some other creature when it comes out of the water.

Raj being a PIMP, I think he's from it.

I think Stacy will get fired at the first available opportunity. I never thought anyone can irritate me in 20 seconds or less, but she managed the feat quite successfully with here "We won, we won, we won" rant. God! She is so annoying.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Lynx</b>!
I think Stacy will get fired at the first available opportunity. I never thought anyone can irritate me in 20 seconds or less, but she managed the feat quite successfully with here "We won, we won, we won" rant. God! She is so annoying.
Indeed. That was painfull to watch. The rest of the team claerly thinks she's crazy.

What do you think about the 2 changes - being able to bring 2 or 3 peopel into the boardroom (not very exciting IMO) but I like the "bye week" for the team leader if they win. Last year there was no real positive reason to be the leader aside from impressing Donald.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
I don't think anyone will bring 3 ppl to the board for the time being, 'cuz u'll just piss off one more person... I think it'll be used when it's down to like 4-5 ppl per team though.

Wes and Jen C. seem like two ppl who I think will last for awhile. And for the record I think a girl is gonna win, just 'cuz Bill won the first one.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Celts11</b>!
Raj is actually my dad's friend and partner cousin. Totally useless fact, but hey that makes me famous. ;)
Nice! Wow so your dad (and you) probably knows who won already huh?

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Yao Mania</b>!

Nice! Wow so your dad (and you) probably knows who won already huh?
Nope. He told my Dad yesterday on the phone, but never mentioned who won. I'll ask him later.

Hold your breath. ;)

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Celts11</b>!

Nope. He told my Dad yesterday on the phone, but never mentioned who won. I'll ask him later.

Hold your breath. ;)
Actually I'd rather not know... kinda meaningless to know now anyway 'cuz none of the contestants have really grown on me yet... 'cept Raj :D

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
That chick that flipped out last night in the toy room has to be an actress.

What sane person besides Minstrel and 7M3, does that?

·
Quite frankly, I'm...
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bradford, the guy who led the girl's team is pretty good. He almost goofed up with his football character idea (not because the idea was bad, but because he was acting like a jerk, in the middle), but later on he relaxed and managed more effectively.

Elizabeth is a hottie. :love:

ps. I just couldn't figure out what the heck was that character Mosaic team envisioned. Looked like a tiger-on-crack to me.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts