·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
In this thread you can list your reasons why you think that,

A. The Blazers are going to draft him.

B. Why the Blazers should draft him.

C. Why he compares to Tracy McGrady.
A: because they might think he's the best SG in the draft and thats their weakest position (after the C spot is spoken for in the draft).

B: because they know more about his game than some lame web site does, or some fans who have probably never seen him play.

C: because it's easy to compare a player to another player, and in most cases, they see a resemblance of game.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
B: because they know more about his game than some lame web site does, or some fans who have probably never seen him play.
That's the reason why we should draft him?

C: because it's easy to compare a player to another player, and in most cases, they see a resemblance of game.
Wait I thought you said those draft websites are lame....Those websites are who's making the comparison....

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
That's the reason why we should draft him?
yah, because I trust the franchise to actually know more about his game, so if they want to pick him, I'd trust them.

Wait I thought you said those draft websites are lame....Those websites are who's making the comparison....
they are lame. You asked why he compares to him, and I said why. Because the web sites need an easy comparison, and everyone goes "oh hey, let's compare him to McGrady. everyone knows McGrady".

I don't see why....that is so hard.....to understand....

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yah, because I trust the franchise to actually know more about his game, so if they want to pick him, I'd trust them.
But I'm asking why we should draft him.....

I dont think that the current team is looking for another project to groom right about now.....I think the team is looking for a guy who can come in and make an immediate impact....

I might be wrong, but usually when you pick players in the lottery, your expecting them to come in and contribute....I just dont see that with Green....

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
I might be wrong, but usually when you pick players in the lottery, your expecting them to come in and contribute....I just dont see that with Green....
You are wrong, did McGrady, Garnett, Kobe, Livingston, Milicic, etc make an immediate impact? Were they even supposed to? No on both accounts. Players are picked based on how large of in impact they can make in their prime, not on how soon they can do it.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sambonius said:
You are wrong, did McGrady, Garnett, Kobe, Livingston, Milicic, etc make an immediate impact? Were they even supposed to? No on both accounts. Players are picked based on how large of in impact they can make in their prime, not on how soon they can do it.
With the exception of Milicic, all those guys have contributed to the team....

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Honest question here. Who actually sees these high schoolers play? Is there a channel on TV that features their games or at least some highlights? Do any of you actually go to their games?

For all the debate that goes on around high school players that don't really seem to get a lot of national publicity outside of SLAM magazine and various opinions on different web sites, it sure seems that many feel comfortable with judging thier talent or lack thereof.

So who actually watches these kids on a consistent basis? Honest question.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SheedSoNasty said:
Honest question here. Who actually sees these high schoolers play? Is there a channel on TV that features their games or at least some highlights? Do any of you actually go to their games?

For all the debate that goes on around high school players that don't really seem to get a lot of national publicity outside of SLAM magazine and various opinions on different web sites, it sure seems that many feel comfortable with judging thier talent or lack thereof.

So who actually watches these kids on a consistent basis? Honest question.
Exactly my point......I think most people get their information from those "lame draft websites".......

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
With the exception of Milicic, all those guys have contributed to the team....
In what respect? Not significant enough to say a team is a winner or loser because of them. T Mac and Kobe only averaged 7 points a game in there first season, Livingston is averaging 5. Most the guys played sparingly and didn't have a significant impact on there team. How do you know Green is a project and won't make any impact at all? I hope you're not making assumptions like that Larry Bird/ Morrison comparison u did.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
Exactly my point......I think most people get their information from those "lame draft websites".......
I think you do considering you said Green was a "head case" and labled him a "project." Take your own advise.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sambonius said:
In what respect? Not significant enough to say a team is a winner or loser because of them. T Mac and Kobe only averaged 7 points a game in there first season, Livingston is averaging 5. Most the guys played sparingly and didn't have a significant impact on there team. How do you know Green is a project and won't make any impact at all? I hope you're not making assumptions like that Larry Bird/ Morrison comparison u did.
I never said anything about helping a team win or lose, I'm talking about actually getting in the game and helping the team in some way....

This is what makes me believe that Green is not ready....

College could launch his game to a whole n'other level.
... Needs to bulk up, right now gets pushed around easily. Will have to improve his leg and upperbody strength to finish his drives... He has broad shoulders and a great frame, just needs to put in the work... Still dominating high schoolers, needs to bring his game to a point where he can do it at the next level as well.
draft profile

and I see that they have him at #10 now....

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sambonius said:
I think you do considering you said Green was a "head case" and labled him a "project." Take your own advise.
And where do you get your information about Green?

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
But I'm asking why we should draft him.....

I dont think that the current team is looking for another project to groom right about now.....I think the team is looking for a guy who can come in and make an immediate impact....

depends on your team. Darko didn't contribute and wasn't expected to. Nor was Kwambe Brown (a waste of a pick, if you ask me).

It depends on who they trade for too, or sign as a free agent.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I'm not sure how anyone can say Green is a great pick or how Zagfan can say he wouldn't be a great pick.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
you do realize that by you quoting what I said, it sounds like you're implying I am spouting off about Gerald Green, right?

because I really doubt that Ive said much about Green, other than if the team takes him, it'll be because they know far more about him than any of us fans do.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
I never said anything about helping a team win or lose, I'm talking about actually getting in the game and helping the team in some way....
Almost any player who gets any court time helps the team in some way, even Milicic has done so. It's not a big accomplishment.

This is what makes me believe that Green is not ready....

draft profile

and I see that they have him at #10 now....
Do you understand that EVERY player coming out of h.s. not named LeBron James needed to bulk up and gain strength? KG, McGrady, Kobe, all of them. It's the same story with every H.S. player, they need to put on strength, what else is new? Them saying college could launch him to another level, what player wouldn't go to another level by playing some college ball? EVERY player could benefit from college ball, KG to Kobe, T-Mac to LeBron. What's the point? You certainly haven't made a good one.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
And where do you get your information about Green?
LMAO. So you admit you're getting your information from the... "lame draft websites?" I know I am, along with someone I know that attends the Roundball Classic. Difference is I'm not dogging him when I haven't even seen the kid, I only dog players I've seen, unlike you. Also I'm not saying we SHOULD draft him, I'm saying what I hear about him intrigues me and I hope Nash takes a look at him. Get it?

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Almost any player who gets any court time helps the team in some way, even Milicic has done so. It's not a big accomplishment.
You're kidding right?

Them saying college could launch him to another level, what player wouldn't go to another level by playing some college ball? EVERY player could benefit from college ball, KG to Kobe, T-Mac to LeBron. What's the point? You certainly haven't made a good one.
Who said that that they college could help those guys....?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts