Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,112 Posts
Its almost a win-win for us.

Root for the Knicks? Nah.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,191 Posts
Hopefully Curry beats Wilt's 100, and then Crawford gets a 100 point game the next game, that will completely demoralize the Sixers. Heck, just losing to the Knicks twice, or even once might demoralize a team at this point in the season.
 

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
Joined
·
6,181 Posts
It's not even a given that if the Knicks win the next two that our chances at winning the lottery improve. It is a given that our chances of making the playoffs improve if Philly loses the next 2.

Go Knicks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,112 Posts
r1terrell23 said:
So you'd rather not make the playoffs?
There are ways and ways of making the playoffs without depending on the Knicks.

To put it clear, we wont be a lotto or playoffs team because of the Knicks.
 

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
Joined
·
5,077 Posts
The Knicks have a win-win also. They don't want to better the Bulls any more than they have to; keeping them out of the playoffs would lower the Bulls' own pick and improving their records may lower the pick they send to us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,704 Posts
Showtyme said:
The Knicks have a win-win also. They don't want to better the Bulls any more than they have to; keeping them out of the playoffs would lower the Bulls' own pick and improving their records may lower the pick they send to us.
Show,

I gotta disagree, the way the Knicks are playing wouldn't lead me to believe they care about anything.
 

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
Joined
·
5,094 Posts
I'm trying to consider rooting for the Knick, but my stomach won't allow it.

Rather I root against the 76er and try not to think about who they are playing!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,921 Posts
El Chapu said:
There are ways and ways of making the playoffs without depending on the Knicks.

To put it clear, we wont be a lotto or playoffs team because of the Knicks.
We still play 2 games against Phili.

I say if our Bulls can earn our way into the playoffs, then great, but the Knicks pick is too important to root for NY. I want Pax to get his choice of the 4-5 top PF's.
 

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
Joined
·
6,181 Posts
giusd said:
I would rather see the bulls get a top 3 pick and the 11th pick in the draft than make the playoffs and end up losing four stright to the pistons.

david
I really don't understand this line of thinking. Even if we get swept, how is that going to take away from our team? We usually match up and play the Pistons pretty tough (minus that blowout win for them this year).
 

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
Joined
·
5,077 Posts
L.O.B said:
Show,

I gotta disagree, the way the Knicks are playing wouldn't lead me to believe they care about anything.
Agreed. I'm actually starting to feel BAD for Eddy Curry.
 

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
Joined
·
5,702 Posts
Showtyme said:
Agreed. I'm actually starting to feel BAD for Eddy Curry.
If he wasn't in the 1st year of a $60m contract, I'd consider feeling bad for him too. :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,716 Posts
i'm am rooting for the best team to win that day.

Our draft postion could really change over the last 2 weeks. I think 7-4 lands us in playoffs and pick #14. And 3-8 probaly gives us pick #8.

I won't be disappointed if we play well and end up being fodder for the Pistons but I sure ain't praying on an hourly basis for it either.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top