Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
21.7 ppg, 5.3 rpg, and honestly, who thought that the Bucks were going to be this good? He has been consistant, a good go-to guy, and has played as well as any guard in the east. So you got Iverson, T-mac, JKidd, Baron, then Redd. Vote here: nba.com

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Mike Redd: 21.7 points 5 boards 2 assists

Allen Iverson: 27 points 4 boards 6 assists
Tracy McGrady: 26.5 points 6 boards 6 assists
Jason Kidd: 17 points 6 boards 9.6 assists
Paul Pierce: 23 points 7 boards 5.6 assists
Baron Davis: 23.4 points 4 boards 8 assists
Stephon Marbury: 20 points 3 boards 9 assists
Lebron James: 20.4 points 6 boards 6 assists

Who exactly does he deserve to make the all-star game over?

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mike luvs KG</b>!

Certainly over none of those guys.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The starters in the East will be...

Guards: McGrady and Iverson
Forwards: V. Carter and J. O'neal
Center: Ben Wallace

The backups in the East should be...

Guards: Jason Kidd, Baron Davis and Lebron James
Forwards: Paul Pierce, Ron Artest and Lamar Odom
Center: Jamaal Magloire

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mike luvs KG</b>!

Tracy McGrady and LeBron for sure. Guys from losing teams don't deserve it... especially when their teams don't really have less talent than Redd's.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Jemel Irief</b>!

Tracy McGrady and LeBron for sure. Guys from losing teams don't deserve it... especially when their teams don't really have less talent than Redd's.

Let me elaborate his post, guys from the wrost team in the east will never be able to permit to go to the all-star game. yeah, I love to watch Vince play but I will turn off my TV if Mac is seriously playing and trying to do too much in the all-star game for sure!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Only 5 teams in the Eastern conference have winning records, so there are going to be a lot of players from losing teams in the All-Star game.

Michael Redd isn't the only reason the Bucks are doing good, and McGrady isn't the reason the Magic are doing as bad as they are. If you compare Redd to McGrady, T-Mac is way more talented.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hoopzter</b>!
Only 5 teams in the Eastern conference have winning records, so there are going to be a lot of players from losing teams in the All-Star game.

Michael Redd isn't the only reason the Bucks are doing good, and McGrady isn't the reason the Magic are doing as bad as they are. If you compare Redd to McGrady, T-Mac is way more talented.
Darko Milicic is way more talented than say, Ben Wallace for instance. I guess Darko should be in the All-Star game, right? No, the game isn't about talent, it's who's produced the most this year both individually, and helping their team win.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts

R.Miller and Pollard for all-star!

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
The problem is that no one uses the same criteria when thinking about all-stars. How much should team record matter? Should off the court situations effect their status? Should votes go to the best or the players fans most want to see? Everyone has their own beliefs about what exactly makes a player an all-star, and it's pointless to argue if Player A should get in over Player B unless both people first lay out their critieria. If someone thinks that lower-tiered teams don't deserve all-stars, then Redd should definitely get the vote over McGrady and James. If someone wants whatever players they find most entertaining to be in the game, then maybe they vote for McGrady over Redd. And so on ...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
IMO he makes it over Lebron but not Iverson, Tmac, Kidd, Starbury, Pierce or Baron...sadly he's stuck in a conference loaded with guards. If Pierce really was a F then I could put Redd in but otherwise not. He's right there though

·
Registered
995 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Burn</b>!
IMO he makes it over Lebron but not Iverson, Tmac, Kidd, Starbury, Pierce or Baron...sadly he's stuck in a conference loaded with guards. If Pierce really was a F then I could put Redd in but otherwise not. He's right there though
He does not make it over lebron. LeBron has better overall numbers and lets face it, the all star game is about the fans. Who do you think they would rather see?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
"IMO" means in my opinion so I'm afraid you're wrong; he does make it over Lebron because his team is actually good. And because while Lebron averages 4 more assists his FG% is 3 pts less and he averages more than 2.5x as many turnovers as Redd. Their stats are almost a wash in my opinion, but Bucks are 9 games better and that's without them looking to Redd to do everything.

I'm hesitant to put players from bad teams unless their numbers are ridiculous which is why TMac and AI make it. As per your last statement, let's face it, fans = me. I'm a fan and I'd rather see guys who deserve to make the team. VC is one of my favorite players to watch but he didn't deserve to be there last season. On the flipside I try to avoid looking at Sam Cassell as much as possible but I think he deserves to start ahead of every other guard.

Not that I care that much either way...I only favor Redd slightly over Lebron for the team, but I'd like to see him there considering he might not make it again whereas I'll see James there for the duration of my life.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts

Ok I didn't mean winning teams in the literal sense of the word... I have no beef with Iverson and even Marbury and Pirece making it. But if you are like 10-32 or 15-30 you don't deserve to be there over a guy that's taken his team to a winning record with 3 76er castoffs like Joe Smith, Tim Thomas and Toni Kukoc as his best teamates.

·
Registered
896 Posts
The NBA used to screw Elton Brand when he was on the Bulls. They better put Redd in over LeBron, but we all know they wont. Bottom line...LeBron's team blows and his stats are slightly inflated because of that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts