Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any information on Tyson's back or calf ailments should go in here. Articles, info from radio shows, things you heard from your cousin who knows the janitor at the UC, whatever go right in here.

For some reason, I have a sneaking suspicion we may not really get a chance to see Tyson much for the rest of the year, even if he comes back for periods at a time. This back problem seems to be much worse than initially indicated.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
"If the doctor says a week, I try to come back in two days," Chandler said. "I always try to push the time forward. The doctor said before I get on the practice floor, he wants me to do a lot of conditioning to make sure I'm ready.

"I've talked to six different doctors and they all tell me that it's not anything long term or career-threatening. It's not something that's going to get worse with playing time."
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...brite,1,3171343.story?coll=cs-bulls-headlines

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
has this guy been hanging out with Erob or something?

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Reality Check

As of today, 1/16/04, Chandler has played more games than Brand when considering this season and last.

85 vs. 84.

·
Premium Member
6,992 Posts
The Bulls season is over. There is no realistic chance at the playoffs unforthunitly. Tyson Chandler is better off resting and rehabing the rest of the season untill he is fo'sho healthy. The Bulls are better off in the long run having him become 100% healthy then for him to end up having problems every year like Grant Hill and Vince Carter.

Can some one answer this question for me? IS Tyson a restricted FA this season or next? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
This fall, the Bulls picked up their option for Chandler and Curry for next year.

Each are eligble for an extention this summer which would kick in for 05-06.

No extention this summer would make them RFAs in the 2005 summer.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Jan 17 update

Chandler gets moving: Tyson Chandler didn't participate in Friday's practice, but he did stay active. After practice ended, he played 1-on-1 against Corie Blount, did some footwork drills and ran laps around the court. Chandler hasn't played since Nov. 25 because of a sore back.
link

·
Registered
718 Posts
Pax likes Tyson's heart. He knows he'll be an all-star. They are strengthening him up. GRRRR :upset:

Probably to replace the departed Curry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts