Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant wait to see some of this kids amazing dunks.

We got him for Jeff...LOL

Miles isnt a superstar, but is gonna be a real good starter once he learns to shoot a jumper. Even though this kids got a number of holes in his game...he is statistically putting up his best year ever....

Career Stats
00-01- 9.4ppg, 5.9rpg, 1.2apg, .63spg, 1.54bpg, 26mpg
01-02- 9.5ppg, 5.5rpg, 2.2apg, .87spg, 1.26bpg, 27mpg
02-03- 9.2ppg, 5.4rpg, 2.6apg, 1spg, 1.03bpg, 30mpg
03-04- 8.9ppg, 4.5rpg, 2.2apg, .68spg, .73bpg, 24mpg

He turned 22 last october and is younger than many players about to declare for the 2004 draft.

Welcome!

·
Registered
392 Posts
The good thing is, he is a young and can dunk like crazy:groucho:
I also agree, we got rid of mcinnis for miles:laugh:

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Welcome, Darius! Let's hope that your Portland career is more fruitful than Matt Carroll's (for whom I made a similar thread) and that you can stay healthier than you recently have. And that you can work on your game and improve. And that you can help turn around, rather than perpetuate, the cloud of negativity around the team.

Lots of hopes there... we'll see :)

Ed O.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Welcome!

Here's hoping this isn't just a jet stop to another city.

On a side note, didn't Darius and McInnis have issues with each other in Clip land? Obviously, it's a moot question. Just curious, that's all.

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ed O</b>!
Welcome, Darius! Let's hope that your Portland career is more fruitful than Matt Carroll's (for whom I made a similar thread) and that you can stay healthier than you recently have. And that you can work on your game and improve. And that you can help turn around, rather than perpetuate, the cloud of negativity around the team.

Lots of hopes there... we'll see :)

Ed O.
I have to admit, you guys are starting to win me over. Maybe this WILL turn into a positive for the team.

On a different note: Ed, you were asking about nature Vs nuture. I have to ask - where did you go to law school? Maybe that has something to do with it.:grinning:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Welcome , Darius!

I hope we can smile about this trade and 3 yrs down the road people can praise PDX for this trade the same way the national media bashed us for the J O'Neal-DD trade.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Welcome to Portland Darius. Don't pack your bags just yet. You are a very redundant player on a team with gaping holes at the 1 and 5, and a real need for a true SF who can drain the open long ball passed out by our post guys. Unless you suddendly develop a long game please find other ways to contribute. And please find your game that all the scouts saw in you those years ago.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
On a different note: Ed, you were asking about nature Vs nuture. I have to ask - where did you go to law school? Maybe that has something to do with it.
Ed went to law school? Didn't someone on the Bash pictures thread mention that he is 19? These two facts don't seem compatible.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Talkhard</b>!

Ed went to law school? Didn't someone on the Bash pictures thread mention that he is 19? These two facts don't seem compatible.

I believe what you are reffering to is that Ed O looks very young. Almost "boyish" decent looks (I won't say good)..:p

But seriously, Ed's like 40.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Siouxperior</b>!
Btw, tomarrow's game is on.............Telemundo?! Can someone tell me what that is? lol

It's a Spanish language cable station. I suppose you could turn the sound off and listen to Wheels 'n Rice.:grinning:

Seriously though, what are they going to do with the 12th roster spot now?

·
Top Of The Pops
27,473 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hap</b>!

I believe what you are reffering to is that Ed O looks very young. Almost "boyish" decent looks (I won't say good)..:p

But seriously, Ed's like 40.
Wow, I just checked the pictures...Ed looks late-20's, early-30s. Barely older than my contemporaries. Bogglesome.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Well, I'm closer to 40 than 19... barely :) (30.)

As far as Law School, I went to L&C, graduating in '99.

Am I not the only attorney that regularly posts wisdom on this board, OMG?

Ed O.

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts

As far as Law School, I went to L&C, graduating in '99.

Am I not the only attorney that regularly posts wisdom on this board, OMG?

Ed O.
Well, former lawyer anyway. Willamette U, class of 80.

I was smart enough to get out before it killed me....literally! (congenital heart trouble and stress make a bad combination):dead:

·
Top Of The Pops
27,473 Posts
Oh. Then you are barely older than my contemporaries. From what others had said, I was wonder the impression you were in your 40s.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
So how many minutes do you think Darius will play? Will he simply back up Derek Anderson, or will we play more with Rasheed at C, Zach at PF and Miles at SF?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.