Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell Chandler to give us back our money. We should have known something was up when Atlanta dint even want him. And can someone else tell Skiles to play Tim Thomas who whenever is actually playing looks like hes light years better then Chandler offensively and probably our fourth best player behind Hinrich, Gordon and Deng.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,921 Posts
Chandler has had a slow start but remember he couldn't practice almost all summer due to his contract situation. He is still averaging 7 and 10 and playing above average defense, you have to pay for that in this league. When you look at rebounds per 48 minutes he is one of the top rebounders in the league(thisyear and last). I expect Tyson's game will step up a notch in the next 10-15 games.

Thomas is not putting fourth the effort on defense, thats why he's not playing. I am sure Skiles would like to have is offense out there, but not until he starts busting *** with everyone else (including Sweetney, who has had impressive effort on the court).
 

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
Joined
·
36,839 Posts
Hey, Chandler -- give the Bulls back the money!
Hey, Skiles -- play Tim Thomas.


There. Do you feel better?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hustle said:
Chandler has had a slow start but remember he couldn't practice almost all summer due to his contract situation. He is still averaging 7 and 10 and playing above average defense, you have to pay for that in this league. When you look at rebounds per 48 minutes he is one of the top rebounders in the league(thisyear and last). I expect Tyson's game will step up a notch in the next 10-15 games.

Thomas is not putting fourth the effort on defense, thats why he's not playing. I am sure Skiles would like to have is offense out there, but not until he starts busting *** with everyone else (including Sweetney, who has had impressive effort on the court).
I can see what your saying but man the per 48 minute stat is a joke and should never be used in say contract negotiations and how to evaluate a player, i can remember a time last year when Luke Jackson was leading the league in scoring per 48 minutes! Tyson has to really step up his game, we should not accept average play from a high payrole player.

As for Tim Thomas the guy needs to play, so what if hes not that great defensively. Everyone is not perfect Skiles! Play the guy he can score almost at will against most other Power Fowards and thats a luxury that we have not had so far into the season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,921 Posts
thebizkit69u said:
I can see what your saying but man the per 48 minute stat is a joke and should never be used in say contract negotiations and how to evaluate a player, i can remember a time last year when Luke Jackson was leading the league in scoring per 48 minutes! Tyson has to really step up his game, we should not accept average play from a high payrole player.

As for Tim Thomas the guy needs to play, so what if hes not that great defensively. Everyone is not perfect Skiles! Play the guy he can score almost at will against most other Power Fowards and thats a luxury that we have not had so far into the season.
The more minutes you play the more relevent the per 48 minute stats are and Tyson has logged a hell of a lot more minutes than Jackson. When you look at what he does on the court I think it's pretty hard to dispute that he's not one of the top rebounders in the league. That and his defense make him a very valueable commodity. His rebounding and energy should make him a career double digit scorer(on the low end, but..) but he will never be a premeire low block scoring presence, so just don't expect or hope for it. With Deng, Hinrich, Ben and eventually (next year?, midseason?) a more offensive big guy, Tyson will not be relied upon to do much scoring at all. He's 7'1" and a premeire defender on what the second best defensive team last year, we need him and he got paid market value (which was a little high this year, but would you really be happy if we let him walk or traded him for a lesser talent).

Skiles will not baby a guy. Just because Thomas has natural talent Skiles isn't going to make the rules different for him to get court time. He either busts his *** in practice and on defense or rides the pine. It's hard to argue with Skiles philosophy after the tremendous success we have had with it. Yes we need Tim's scoring but not at the expense of messing up any of the teams defensive chemistry, which makes this team what it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hustle said:
Skiles will not baby a guy. Just because Thomas has natural talent Skiles isn't going to make the rules different for him to get court time. He either busts his *** in practice and on defense or rides the pine. It's hard to argue with Skiles philosophy after the tremendous success we have had with it. Yes we need Tim's scoring but not at the expense of messing up any of the teams defensive chemistry, which makes this team what it is.
The problem here is practices dont count as a W in the standings. I dont care who busts there butts the most in practice, Malik Allen over Tim Thomas!? Granted practice is important but what you do in practice means nothing once you hit the floor. I just hope Skiles understands that from time to time, I mean common if Iverson was on the Bulls he would never play a freaking game because of his practice habits!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,921 Posts
thebizkit69u said:
The problem here is practices dont count as a W in the standings. I dont care who busts there butts the most in practice, Malik Allen over Tim Thomas!? Granted practice is important but what you do in practice means nothing once you hit the floor. I just hope Skiles understands that from time to time, I mean common if Iverson was on the Bulls he would never play a freaking game because of his practice habits!
Yeah I have to give you the Malik Allen arguement and I see your point, but he's not Iverson, he's almost thirty and has never proven himself to be a difference maker or a winner. When you see him in person (or even TV) compared to most fours he is about the same size in terms of muscle and height, he has outstanding skills handling and shooting the ball for his size but he has never put fourth the effort on defense or put aside his selfish craving for stats (which are far from mind blowing)to make himself a winner. He should have moved to the four spot permanently early in his career but his lack of toughness and effort made the teams he played for try to take advantage of his scoring without making them weak in the low block.

The Bulls are better off with Deng and Nocioni holding down the three spot. Thomas is a bad defender and rebounder at the 4 spot, so at what cost will Thomas's ability to score hurt the team on d? I have a hard time beleiving that few extra points he could produce over Sweets, Songaila, or Harrington would make up for his lack of effort on the rest of the court(the biggest factor rebounding, he is horrible for someone his size, like Eddy in a Bulls uniform but frustratingly not as a Knick thus far). If he gets it into his head this is a contract year for him and he should just shut up and work I think he has a lot to offer us, but his history and age suggest he won't change.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the defense looks like crap against Golden State, so yeah i think Playing Tim Thomas atleast 20+ minutes would not have hurt the Bulls at all. Kirk, Duhon and Ben where being torched by Richardson and Denzel Washington.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top