Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

61 - 80 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
The Fordham softball team took their 7th straight A10 tournament championship last weekend, this one in awkward fashion due to weather. The tournament's final day was cancelled due to rain in Amherst and the championship was awarded to the regular season champion. Tough break for GW, as they were playing out of the winner's bracket and never got a chance to finish their quest. If weather cuts the tournament short, some conferences give the tournament championship to the highest remaining seed (see AAC this year) which Fordham would have won anyway, while others like the A10 award to the regular season champion (see B12 this year). The latter is awkward only if that regular season champ has been eliminated in the tournament.

Fordham plays tonight at 10 PM ET on ESPN3 (not sure how that differs from ESPN+) vs. Washington, the regional host.

We are much weaker this season than we have been in the recent past, so odds of even getting a game in this regional are very low.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I mean I laughed at the UMass twitter vs. the rest of UMass fans bit in there too.

Though I liked the version I saw of "The UMass Experience" way better, especially when they got to the first baby and it said "Cale Makar"

·
Piker
8,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Will Wade landed a 5-star player today. Juvonte "Big Ass Offer" Smart is coming back. If Williams and Mayes come back to LSU that will be preseason Top 10. VCU gets them next year in the Stu. Talk about a wild game to see. That should be fun.

·
Registered
5,882 Posts
One of the more revealing things amidst this latest P5 cheating scandal has been that the same schools just keep landing 5-star recruits. It hasn't deterred anyone or any of the activity. If the NCAA wants to maintain any level of control and reestablish some degree of honest competition, then it has to come down HARD on these offenders.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
One of the more revealing things amidst this latest P5 cheating scandal has been that the same schools just keep landing 5-star recruits. It hasn't deterred anyone or any of the activity. If the NCAA wants to maintain any level of control and reestablish some degree of honest competition, then it has to come down HARD on these offenders.

Yea, but will they? The recruits dont care. These high level guys are looking at 1-2 years anyway and are probably still getting paid somehow. How do Will Wade and Sean Miller even still have jobs?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Yea, but will they? The recruits dont care. These high level guys are looking at 1-2 years anyway and are probably still getting paid somehow. How do Will Wade and Sean Miller even still have jobs?
NFK. How is Will Wade getting anybody at this point. He should be looking for a junior HS job as a bench scout by now. And even that school would deserve better.

·
Piker
8,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
NFK. How is Will Wade getting anybody at this point. He should be looking for a junior HS job as a bench scout by now. And even that school would deserve better.
In Wade's first season I can still remember going to Philly for the La Salle game with a friend who works in the athletic department. We went to the pregame practice. I was standing under the basket and he walked over to me and called me by name. I found it strange since I had only met him briefly twice. Once when he was an assistant at VCU and another time when he became the new head coach. Both meetings probably totaled 5 minutes. I was puzzled and asked him how he remembered my name. He just said I have a good memory. The guy is such a good recruiter because he is like a car salesman. He just knows how to schmooze. Now, give him a program like LSU and he will bring them in. People have asked me if they think he cheated at VCU. I have no way of knowing but at VCU I have been told that he was informed that everything had to be on the up and up. That tells me that either he asked about going outside the lines or that they worried he might be doing so. One way or another after hearing things and watching his antics in his second season I am glad he moved on. Wade is as my father likes to say, slippery.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
The #1 seed in the A10 baseball tournament has been sent back to Richmond by the Richmond Spiders, leaving Fordham (#4; the host) and Dayton (#3) in the winners bracket and Richmond (#5) and Davidson (#2) in the loser's bracket.

First pitch today is at noon featuring Dayton and Fordham. Davidson vs. Richmond follows at 3:30 PM. Elimination game to follow at 7:00 PM. The first, and possibly only, championship game is scheduled for noon tomorrow.

Go Rams! (the only Rams left in the tournament)

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Dayton won, so it’s the Flyers vs the Rams of Fordham for a trip to the NCAA regionals. Dayton has to win 2, while Fordham has to win 1.

My money is on Obi Toppin.

61 - 80 of 130 Posts