Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone says kobe is overrated cuz he has shaq..
well if kobe didnt have shaq the lakers would have about 20 million a year where they could sign 2 players such as rashard lewis and maybe rasheed wallace.. then kobe would still put up huge numbers.. u cant use shaq as an excuse to hate on kobe.. the kid has the most potential in the league and the best work ethic and hes only 23

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Without Shaq, Kobe would be kind of like MJ early in his career. Great skill and ability and putting up really good numbers but nowhere during the playoffs. Just missing a piece in the team. Notice when the pieces came together, MJ didn't lose.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Originally posted by grizzoistight
the kid has the most potential in the league and the best work ethic and hes only 23
thats not true

·
Registered
924 Posts
Name one person with more potential or a better work ethic...Don't just say "Not True"...

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Originally posted by IMX
Name one person with more potential or a better work ethic...Don't just say "Not True"...
Vince Carter.

Kobe is already mature as he has the total package in his game already.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I agree that he is already mature but he hasn't even begun to show the extent of his skills. He hasn't even reached his full potential. He is only 23 and still has alot of learning to do.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
HAHA

Allen Iverson has a better work ethic! HAHA Practice we talkin about Practice!!!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Originally posted by John

Vince Carter.

Kobe is already mature as he has the total package in his game already.
Vince carter, you must be joking. What does he have to show for himself over than a slam dunk title and a shoe. Kobe has the total package and he is only 23 meaning he is only going to get better at every aspect of his game. Lets not even get started about Kobe vs Vince in work ethic either. I dont even think Vince will be as good in his prime as Kobe is at the age of 23.

·
Registered
162 Posts
kobe probably has a better work ethic then vince or tmac, BUT i just dont see that jordanesque intensity that could make him elite of all time. not to knock kobe, not many have jordanesque intensity.

not to bring this up but kobe having shaq on his team isnt gonna helping his work ethic now, hes getting the titles without having to carry the load really. however maybe when shaq leaves we will see the hunger for more titles drive him.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Better work ethics?

Paul Pierce, Jason Kidd, Eddy Curry, Ben Wallace, and any foriegn player.

The simple fact is that Kobe is good, but not the best. He still hasn't proven himself without Diesel in the middle. Put him in Vince Carter's shoes, and I'm sure you get the same results. Put Vince Carter with Shaq, and I'm sure they could win three titles as well.

Point is that Shaq is by far the most dominating player in the league when he wants to be. Nobody is physical enough to withstand playing against him for 35 minutes a game, let alone 48.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Assuming you mean Italian, he is most certainly not.

I've never seen Kobe play a game against Benneton, nor heard of him practicing in Milan.

His NATIONALITY may be Italian, but he is not a foreign player.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Lets just clear this up. Kobe was born in Philly, his dad moved his family to Italy when he was younger...he stayed there for awhile playing basketball. They moved the family back to Philly.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
People give it up. We may hate the Lakers, we may dislike Kobe for whatever reason, but with or without Shaq you have to credit him for what he does in game situations. Don't worry about putting him in Vince's position, or T-Mac's position.. is it his fault that Shaq's on his team? Do you think they wouldn't take it in an instant? Should he give back his three rings?

Don't go and question the man's work ethic. I mean, he's just won his third championship in a row, and you know what he's doing now? He's training, trying to get better, working on his game, trying to gain a fourth NBA title. That's his mindset, he wants to be the best, and who knows maybe statswise he'll eventually be comparable?

But the one word you cannot place next to the name of Kobe Bryant is potential. If someone's consistently an allstar caliber player, potential is a word no longer spoken.

People stop pulling the excuses out your backpacks, put them in the ground, and dig them up twenty years from now and use them on another situation, because now they're tiring. Maybe in twenty years, they'll be interesting, and considered new arguments.

-Tim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts