1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Agreed, there were at least 2 or 3 obvious calls against Yao just in tonight's game that would've put him on the bench even more. Refs love asians.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it is racist. It is all about "love or no love" in the NBA.

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,849 Posts
i think with all the complaining people in houston do about the officiating, everyone misses the obvious solution. when yao gets called for a stupid foul, he needs to let refs know it. the only times i have seem them stop calling those fouls in the middle of the game is when yao gets angry. you cant just smile and nod at a bad call or you'll keep getting them. officials dont know how to officiate yao well, but he doesnt help the situation at all.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Pimped Out said:
you cant just smile and nod at a bad call or you'll keep getting them. officials dont know how to officiate yao well, but he doesnt help the situation at all.
Not many skilled post players are always offciated well.

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,849 Posts
kamego said:
Not many skilled post players are always offciated well.
thats very true, but they dont put up with getting the same bad call 3 times in one game. they get upset enough at the first one that they dont get the 2nd and 3rd one their next couple times down the court.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Pimped Out said:
thats very true, but they dont put up with getting the same bad call 3 times in one game. they get upset enough at the first one that they dont get the 2nd and 3rd one their next couple times down the court.
That depends on the player but I know what your saying.

·
Registered
257 Posts
socco said:
Agreed, there were at least 2 or 3 obvious calls against Yao just in tonight's game that would've put him on the bench even more. Refs love asians.
They swallowed their whistles down the stretch, even though they called them fouls earlier in the game.

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
The Main Man said:
They swallowed their whistles down the stretch, even though they called them fouls earlier in the game.
Let's be honest, you cannot call a foul on a player for standing with his arms in the air. He had some stupid fouls on Olowakandi but alot of the dribble penetration calls on him were crap.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The Main Man said:
Eh, there were a couple obvious fouls on Yao earlier (shoulda had his 3rd a couple times in the 1st quarter. should've had his 5th at one point when he rams KG right in the head). Overall I'd say they evened out. My main point was that the refs aren't racist against Yao.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Mr. Roger's Cardigan said:
Let's be honest, you cannot call a foul on a player for standing with his arms in the air.
Yes, you can, it happens all the time and they're usually good calls. Players who just stand with their hands straight up in the air without moving their feet are usually the ones that don't know how to defend, and they get called for the foul. The ones that do know how to defend put their arms straight up and move their feet. Refs reward players who move their feet. Not coincidentily, the best defenders are always the quickest and most agile players on the court at their positions. And not coincidentily, Yao gets called for a lot of defensive fouls elite defenders wouldn't because Yao is not that quick or agile of a player.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Oh, and calling the officiating racist or biased is just excuse making from unhappy fans. It has no basis in reality and isn't the least bit provable.

·
Registered
392 Posts
EHL said:
Yes, you can, it happens all the time and they're usually good calls. Players who just stand with their hands straight up in the air without moving their feet are usually the ones that don't know how to defend, and they get called for the foul. The ones that do know how to defend put their arms straight up and move their feet. Refs reward players who move their feet. Not coincidentily, the best defenders are always the quickest and most agile players on the court at their positions. And not coincidentily, Yao gets called for a lot of defensive fouls elite defenders wouldn't because Yao is not that quick or agile of a player.
You don't need to move your feet if you're in a perfect defensive position under the rim. Yao remained on the floor with his hands straight up and offensive players just jumped into him. That was called twice against him in the game.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
^ Standing still and not moving out of the way of an incoming player will get a foul called on you 99% of the time. This is basketball not football. You have to move your feet and avoid as much contact as possible if you want to stay out of foul trouble. You're supposed to go for the ball, not for the person himself (which is what you're doing if you simply stand still).

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
roastedtoaster said:
You don't need to move your feet if you're in a perfect defensive position under the rim. Yao remained on the floor with his hands straight up and offensive players just jumped into him. That was called twice against him in the game.
Actually Yao moved up under Kandi as he went up for the shots.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I just watched the last part of the game, and with less than a minute left, YAo did his "standu-p-with-arms-in-the-air" thing, and it worked for once, causing KG to miss a layup. About the only time Yao has done that successfully.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
The thing that really amazes about this thread is.....

Ballscientist actually provided a source!!!!!!!!

Reactions: socco

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
I have read through the thread u posted,only one person in that thread(which was three pages long) said the reason of the refs gave Yao some BS calls is they r RACIST. Then u claimed "The people" in houston think so?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts