Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike Dunleavy, Jr.

Now my question is what does it take to pry him away from Golden State?

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
Mike Dunleavy, Jr.

Now my question is what does it take to pry him away from Golden State?
What's funny is that in the short term, the Warriors are one of a few teams that doesn't really need our parts. They too are strong at center and point guard with Dampier and [email protected]

Also, unless the project Pietrus as a small forward, they don't have a real prospect to step in and play the position.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems JC for Mike D is a good swap talent wise but then that leaves them with a hole at SF and too many PG's. If they could move NVE for a SF to replace Mike D would that work? I am sure there are some teams interested in NVE?

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like for example how about NVE in Indy and Harrington going out west to GS. I know other stuff would have to be added but what do you think?

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Golden State trades: SF Mike Dunleavy (12.4 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 2.9 apg in 31.7 minutes)
Golden State receives: SG Jamal Crawford (16.8 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.6 apg in 34.9 minutes)
SG Kendall Gill (10.2 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.9 apg in 26.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +14.6 ppg, 0.0 rpg, and +4.6 apg.

Chicago trades: SG Jamal Crawford (16.8 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.6 apg in 34.9 minutes)
Chicago receives: SF Mike Dunleavy (12.4 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 2.9 apg in 43 games)
Change in team outlook: -14.6 ppg, 0.0 rpg, and -4.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Golden State and Chicago being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Golden State and Chicago had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1452345

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Golden State trades: SF Mike Dunleavy (12.4 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 2.9 apg in 31.7 minutes)
Golden State receives: SG Jamal Crawford (16.8 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.6 apg in 34.9 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +14.6 ppg, 0.0 rpg, and +4.6 apg.

Chicago receives: SF Mike Dunleavy (12.4 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 2.9 apg in 43 games)
Change in team outlook: -14.6 ppg, 0.0 rpg, and -4.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Golden State and Chicago being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Golden State and Chicago had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1452345

or

PG Rick Brunson (3.2 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 2.3 apg in 10.0 minutes)
Chicago receives: SF Mike Dunleavy (12.4 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 2.9 apg in 31.7 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -7.6 ppg, +2.6 rpg, and -5.0 apg.

Golden State receives: SG Jamal Crawford (16.8 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.6 apg in 43 games)
PG Rick Brunson (3.2 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 2.3 apg in 24 games)
Change in team outlook: +7.6 ppg, -2.6 rpg, and +5.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Chicago and Golden State being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Chicago and Golden State had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1452360

Don't forget -- Nick the Quick has been out quite a bit after an early knee injury and a scope and has been disgruntled. GSW could use some backcourt help.

Not Quite Nick at Night

"The knee is not letting me do it,'' Van Exel said before going on the IL on Jan. 15. "I'm not able to do what I need to do out there. That's what is so frustrating.''

His frustration boiled over during a series of postgame outbursts early this month, when the Warriors were in the midst of a 3-12 stretch that followed a 14-13 start. Van Exel groused about Musselman's failure to define roles for his players and create an identity on offense. He also contended that the Warriors were underachieving, a view that bothered Musselman, who has coached shorthanded all season.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cram I did that the other day and got BLASTED for it. I proposed a JC/Erob/Curry for Mike D/Dampier/Pietrus deal. That is a VERY good trade for us IMO and I really think GS would do it. But alas not many agreed with me.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To me Mike Dunleavy is a young Peja. Before you start blasting me look at the stats.

2nd year for Mike D(so far)

12.4 PPG

.442 FG percent

.367 3P percent

6.6 RPG

2.9 APG

2nd year for Peja

11.9 PPG

.448 FG percent

.375 3P percent

3.7 RPG

1.4 APG

Oh you want to see Peja's 3rd year stats, ok then..

20.4 PPG

.470 FG percent

.400 3P percent

5.8 RPG

2.2 APG

Rest my case.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nobody going to back me up on saying Mike D is the next Peja? I know losing JC and Curry would be a lot but a Hinrich/Pietrus/Dunleavy perimeter would be awful sweet and very similiar to Bibby/Christie/Peja. Throw in a Chandler/Dampier frontline with AD and JYD off the bench along with Gill, Dupree, and 2004 Draft pick( Ben Gordon) and that is a very nice team. But what do I know?

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
I don't think you can assume he'll be Peja, but I wouldn't say he's Mike Miller anyway.

Although it's simplistic, it's still worth thinking about that Curry and Crawford were the #4 and #8 picks in their drafts. Dunleavy and Pietrus were #3 and #11.

Given that the move up from three from four can be a big difference, it's definitely not an outlandish trade.

Dunleavy was #3 in a pretty good year. Curry was #4 in what could be a pretty iffy year.

The only thing that really makes you wonder is trading big for small. In a year's time, this trade proposition will be considered folly. It will either be considered follow because we Dunleavy is so clearly ahead of Curry or because Curry has finally become consistent(ly good). - Much like how, in over the past couple of years people laughed like it was a crappy deal on our part to consider trading Jamal for someone like Corey Maggette. It's still a laughable deal now, but for completely the opposite reasons. that could well be the case with this one too.

Also Dampier has played big in contract years in the past and then gotten lazy. that scares me too.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will agree that JC+Curry for Mike D/Pietrus is weighted in our favor. However in this scenario they are taking Erob and we are getting Damp. That makes up for it IMO. Damp might not have as great of numbers next season as this one but with Tyson,Damp, Davis, and JYD we would have a pretty formidable frontline. I am sorry but this is a no brain deal from where I sit.(but I made it up so I am bias-haha)

·
Registered
471 Posts
what about crawford, fizer and the bulls' #1 pick for dunleavy and jason richardson? it works under the cap rules.

admittdly the warriors give up both their swingmen, but they still have pietrus and get two lottery picks to fill out their roster with talented young players.

it's a lot for the bulls to give up, but they get a better 2 guard in richardson and may not need their draft pick anyway. of course the pick would be somebody great and risky to pass on. but better than dunleavy? maybe, but maybe not as we as bulls fans well know.

assuming you agree that dunleavy is at least even with the bulls' potential draftee, then the rest of the trade becomes crawford/fizer for jrich. i'd do that.

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Caron Butler is the perfect SF for the Chicago Bulls. The deal is Butler, Eddie JOnes, Malik Allen and an UNPROTECTED 1st round pick for Jamal Crawford, Eddie Robinson, Jerome Williams and Eddie Curry.

MIAMI

Wayde
Crawford
Odom
Grant
Curry

CHI-TOWN

Hinrich
Jones
Butler
Chandler
Davis

Both teams would benefit. Chicago will get more proven, team players and Miami gets some young talent. Caron is back to playing the way he has last year on the Heat before he got injured. Just check his last 5 games.

·
Registered
471 Posts
the bulls can't go forward with only davis as their center. he's obviously wearing down and was quoted as saying so in the chicago papers recently. skiles has also mentioned that he didn't want to play davis too much at the 5. that's why he moved curry into the starting lineup and moved davis back to the 4.

i like the idea, but i wouldn't be so quick to trade curry without getting something at center in return.

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
how bout putting Tyson Chandler at Center for the future. He's tall enough (i think 7'1) and he can put on some more weight in the offseason. Plus the 1st round pick from miami and chicagos first round pick can be used on big guys. Maybe trade both of them, if their high enough, for a top 3 pick and get Omeka Okafor. In the east you can go pretty far with at least one big.

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Curry would be a lot better on the Heat alongside Brian Grant and Lamar Odom. He wouldn't have to rebound that much with those two guys on the court. Plus Haslem is a good rebounder as well.

The Bulls would get some good perimeter D with Jones and Butler. They would be a lot better this season, plus they would have an extra 1st rounder for the future.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts