Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what Orlando should do this season. Forget about landing Tim Duncan. The East is open right now to be won.

First - trade Jeryl Sasser, Steven Hunter, and Andrew DeClerq for Danny Fortson. Orlando fans would crap their pants to see someone getting 11 RPG.

Golden State would do this to get Fortson of their books. DeClerq's contract is done after this year. And they would also have two young guys to add to their team for cheap. Hunter could turn out to be a good player. Sasser probably not. But they could save 4-5 mil a year losing Fortson.

Second - Sign Keon Clark. With the current market, they could probably get him pretty cheap.. median exception..? 11 ppg and 7 rpg is pretty good. And he can block some shots. And he has shown signs of getting better.

Lineup would be -

C Keon Clark, Horace Grant, Don Reid, possibly Griffith (IR?)
PF Fortson, Oyedeji, Humphrey
SF Grant Hill, Pat Garrity, Monty Williams
SG Tracy McGrady, Mike Miller
PG Jacque Vaughn, Darrel Armstrong

This would make Orlando quite a deep team. I think Horace Grant is going to come back in a limited fashion, playing backup minutes at center.

With Fortson, Clark, Oyedeji, Humphrey and the return of Hill -- Orlando should be good for at least 10-12 more rebounds per game.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No way. DeClerq isnt worth anything. And Fortson can contribute now.. Hunter may be good, but it wont be for a few years. And Sasser may never be good. His offensive ability is not very good.

Orlando needs rebounding. Fortson rebounds.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Fortson will rebound, but is a huge liability for every other aspect of the game. He's a horrible defender, and gives 0 offensive game.

The Warriors would probably dump him off for an expiring contract. There's no need to add a young athletic 7-footer, and a tall-pointguard that's had flashes of being a good player.

·
Registered
234 Posts
gs wouldnt just give away fortson for a project in hunter and another guard on their loaded team. i see keon signing... butnot the trade for fortson.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Golden State would give Fortson away for an ending contract, which DeClerq's is.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Why not trade the often injured and Mr. no work ethic Mike Miller to Memphis for Stromile Swift. That would mean a versatile exciting player and maybe future starter who could avg 15ppgs and 8rebs.(note 31pts and I think 11rebs last game of the year)
Plus that would give you a young inside presence who can score in the post and is athletic. Also if you sign Keon Clark they have similar games and would compliment each other well.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by w-h-i-t-e-b-o-y
Why not trade the often injured and Mr. no work ethic Mike Miller to Memphis for Stromile Swift. That would mean a versatile exciting player and maybe future starter who could avg 15ppgs a
Mike Miller has a great work ethic and is not often injured.

Mike Miller is a 15ppg scorer for the next 10 years. Swift hasn't done anything yet.

·
Registered
388 Posts
It's funny how some people come up with nonsense like Mike Miller has a bad work ethic when he realisticly has one of the best when he works all summer long with his buddy T-Mac.

Mike Miller is a good 15 ppg player and maybe he does get injured when it's playoff time but when him as a 6th man if Hill is healthy that may all be changed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts