Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

The Player Most Likely To Be Traded Is...

• Morris Peterson

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Lamond Murray

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Michael Bradley

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Jerome Moiso

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Alvin Williams

Votes: 2 6.1%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I personally think that if a trade is made, it will involve one or some of the five players listed here. Which of these players is the one that you think is most likely to be traded before the deadline?

MORRIS PETERSON, G-F

Our team didn't offer to extend his contract before the season began, which surprised some. Mo has been an important part of our team since his rookie season. He is a good defender, a good three-point shooter, and makes good decisions on the fast break. But Mo has decided to camp in the corner this season, content to waste his athleticism by sticking to perimeter-only shots. He has been accused of being inconsistent, which is debateable. While he always brings a high level of effort, he rarely puts up the kind of numbers a player at his skill level should. His output and playing time have dropped considerably this season, though he has been an important player and offensive producer for our second unit. Some expect Toronto to let Peterson walk at the end of the season, since he seems intent on demanding a mid-level contract that our management might not be willing to offer.

LAMOND MURRAY, F

The only player on the team to openly demand a trade this year. Lamond was expected to be a key player for us this season, but has been seldom used and has done little with the time he's been given. Once a capable scorer and rebounder, injures have slowed Murray and his value has dropped considerably. When Glen traded for Murray, sending Yogi Stewart and a future first-round pick to Cleveland, getting Lamond and a second in exchange, Toronto fans were very excited. It seemed like a steal. But Lamond has done virtually nothing in his tenure in Toronto and seems destined to exclusively play garbage minutes.

MICHAEL BRADLEY, F-C

Mike showed promise last season when injuries forced a reluctant Lenny Wilkens to play him often. Bradley has been sidelined this season after undergoing knee surgery, though is planning to return after the All Star break. Bradley has good instincts, a soft touch around the basket, range out to around fifteen feet, and has a knack for feeding the ball to Vinsanity. However, Bradley lacks toughness. We would likely ask him to play minutes at the centre position, at which he is undersized. Our team is thick with power forwards, and he may have trouble finding minutes. Bradley, like Peterson, was not extended this off season, so he is another expiring contract.

JEROME MOISO, F-C

Moiso has been passed around the league since being drafted 11th overall in 2000. He has played sparingly over his four-year career and three teams have given-up on him already. Moiso showed promise in the playoffs last season for New Orleans, averaging career-highs in all statistical categories except steals. However, the Hornets weren't convinced, and Moiso walked. Toronto signed Moiso in the off-season in what many considered to be a sleeper signing. Moiso has had trouble finding minutes in Toronto, but has been getting an abnormal amount of personal attention from the coaching staff and has contributed well in his last four games. Some wonder if Moiso's recent playing time has been an effort to showcase his talents to interested trading partners.

ALVIN WILLIAMS, G

The heart and soul of the Toronto Raptors. Alvin has been a tenacious and consistent player for our squad since 2000. He is a tremendous ball-protector who is annually among the league leaders in assist-to-turnover ratio. However, Alvin suffers from tweener-itis, excelling especially at neither guard position. Kevin O'Neill has shifted Williams to the off-guard for the season, though multiple off-season surgeries seem to have slowed Alvin and hampered his once brilliant perimeter defence. Alvin's heavy contract and failing health make him a burden, though his determination and competitive spirit, removed from this team, could be sorely missed.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
They will move Murray if they can. Not as important to get full value for him. He just isn't a good fit for KO's offense unless we give him the Rose role alongside VC. He's not happy and has to go or play big minutes.

The will move Peterson if the deal is for a quality PG or C in the rotation. Otherwise he stays and we see if we can re-sign him for cheap.

Brads and Moiso will only go if we get a quality big in return.

They would move Alvin if they could but his contract and health make that almost impossible.

I still say we can only afford to move one of MoP or Lamond, not both. MasonJr hasn't shown enough yet. We would need another perimeter defender and scorer back.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Vince Carter

:eek:

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I think Murray is the most likely to go....I do think it will have to be in a package with Bradley or Moiso(I want to keep Bradley)

I would not be suprised to see Murray put on waivers to see if a team will pick him up and not loose a player in return.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I can't see us waiving Murray.

If he clears waivers we still have to pay his contract but have no rights to him. We can't recall him if VC goes down, and we can't trade him.

As much as KO doesn't like him, or at least doesn't understand how to use him on offense, he is valuable insurance should Mo or Vince or Alvin go down.

It doesn't look like we are going to see Bradley at all before the trade deadline, so we will be making decisions based on an unknown.

I would like to see Brads play some D, rebound, and knock down a few outside shots before we decide what big is expendable among Bax, Arch, Moiso, and Brads.

Hard to rank these 4 guys right now. But Arch would be low man on my list. If Moiso could knock down those jump hooks at a 50% clip he would be my first choice. I like his quickness and length on D.

All of them are available for a proven big.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by <b>SkywalkerAC</b>!
Montross is the most likely to be traded IMO.
Yeah, but I said "player", and Montross isn't a player, he is just a contract now that he is permanently retired. Still, the only way I see us moving his contract is in a package.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I hope Moiso is traded. It's just not right what KO is doing to him.
He played good then after a so-so game he doesn't play. Curry, Arch and Bax play over him. Baxter was alright but Arch and Curry sucked. Curry can't guard 7 footers, but KO would rather have that then put in Moiso.

For Moiso's sake I hope he is traded to a team that will reward his good play.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
i hope Brads doesn't get traded. he looks to be a real contributor off the bench for long stretches of the game.

i hope GG keep Brads.

·
Registered
108 Posts
In my opinion it's:

Murray and Montross.

What happened to the Orlando trade? Is Juwan coming to Raptorland or what?

·
Registered
731 Posts
with Rose out for at least a month....MoPete will likely stay with the Raps....there is really no sense of trade him for another big man, well that'll mean they'll have to use Lamond and RMJ which is really not that good at the starter spot....if the trade MoPete for another SG/SF, unless the player is better than Mo, otherwise there's no point in trading.....

so my guess will be Murray + Moiso + Bradley...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts