Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
If they put Lebron on Noah, Thibodeau needs to adjust by giving alot more minutes to Taj, Mirotic, Gasol. Taj and Gasol will definitely make Lebron work in the post. Mirotic can't do this yet, but will at least keep Lebron out by the 3-pt line. I only see Noah being effective in this series to the extent he's assigned to defending Mozgov and Thompson, who are both near the basket type players. Once the Cavs start going small, it could get really tough playing Noah & Gasol together. Noah just can't move quickly how he once did.
Thibs is a good enough coach to deal with Lebron guarding Noah. He will will run sets in which Lebron is forced to switch a lot. Noah can also still move a bit, so the Bulls can run Lebron off of picks. Then rotate Noah to the bench and run the other bigs at Lebron.

More importantly, the Bulls need to take advantage of their depth and run a lot of bodies at Lebron on defense. I do not want to see Jimmy on him all of the time because it may sap some of Jimmy's energy for offence. Run Snell, Gibson and even Dunleavy at him. Snell had some success against Lebron earlier in the season. Also, hopefully the absence of Love to allows the Bulls to double team more often.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Bulls win! Bulls win!

The first game of the series against Lebron and the Cavs was great! The Bulls pulled out to an early lead but the Cavs kept coming back. However, in the end, the Bulls were able to put away the win.

Go Bulls!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Bulls win! Bulls win!

The first game of the series against Lebron and the Cavs was great! The Bulls pulled out to an early lead but the Cavs kept coming back. However, in the end, the Bulls were able to put away the win.

Go Bulls!
I can't get excited yet. In the Rose era this will be the fourth time we've faced Lebron in the playoffs. We always win one game, usually Game 1 in a blowout, but lose every other game. Lebron has to have the confidence that his team can still beat the Bulls and that all Cleveland needs to do is make some adjustments. I won't get excited until we win a second game.

Good win nonetheless. I'm just cautiously optimistic!

·
Administrator
68,862 Posts
I can't get excited yet. In the Rose era this will be the fourth time we've faced Lebron in the playoffs. We always win one game, usually Game 1 in a blowout, but lose every other game. Lebron has to have the confidence that his team can still beat the Bulls and that all Cleveland needs to do is make some adjustments. I won't get excited until we win a second game.

On that same train. Don't trust that LeBron's dead until they're eliminated.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts

This comment x 100...Bulls played a great game, especially Rose who was masterful controlling the tempo and creating space for his teammates. BUT...if not for exploiting the pick & pop with Gasol in the 2nd half, I am pretty sure we would've lost this game. The Cavs are definitely going to change up their D to counter that. If the Bulls can't handle the adjustment (we've seen it before), the Cavs could easily win the next 2-3 games. Not to mention, the Bulls were really hitting on their jumpshots all game (50% shooting) which is above the norm, and it was still pretty close at the end. Let's just say I have guarded optimism...happy to see the Bulls take advantage of an opportunity, but still a LONG ways to go to win the series.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Bad loss tonight in Game 2...This just shows what Cleveland is capable of when they're clicking. Even without Love or JR Smith, they can just pour on the points. At full strength I had the Cavs winning in 6 at most, maybe even 5. Without Love I've predicted a 50-50 chance either way which I stand by. Boy, does Thibodeau stick to his rotation though. Felt like he just wouldn't take his starters out in the 1st quarter even though they were getting blown out.

Crazy how Iman freaking Shumpert is shooting the ball these first 2 games. They might as well just had JR Smith playing, at least Smith doesn't play great defense.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
time to unleash mirotic and snell.
Thibodeau really needs to do this...I think we'll lose the series if he doesn't do something creative that forces Cleveland into a state of constant adjustments. To get creative, you've gotta utilize your bench more than he has the first 2 games. Mirotic is a mismatch waiting to happen, yet he doesn't get more than 5 minutes of burn, nor any significant touches. In the meantime, Noah is playing terrible and they are just flat out ignoring him defensively which is making things harder for the other 4 guys on the floor. Noah's minutes need to seriously get cut down. He just isn't effective right now.

·
Remember My Name
5,229 Posts
Thibodeau really needs to do this...I think we'll lose the series if he doesn't do something creative that forces Cleveland into a state of constant adjustments. To get creative, you've gotta utilize your bench more than he has the first 2 games. Mirotic is a mismatch waiting to happen, yet he doesn't get more than 5 minutes of burn, nor any significant touches. In the meantime, Noah is playing terrible and they are just flat out ignoring him defensively which is making things harder for the other 4 guys on the floor. Noah's minutes need to seriously get cut down. He just isn't effective right now.
yep, his rotations are really laughable. noah has been a none factor on offense.
mirotic should get way more playing time. although i have a feeling his confidence and rhythm are shot right now, because of inconsistent minutes.
id also throw his snell and doug as sharpshooters.

i can see why the front office wants to give him the boot after the season.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Bulls Win! Bulls Win!

Game 3 was a tough, close game, but the Bulls came through with a victory.

While Lebron had another solid game, this time it was Rose who came through, with 30 points and 7 assists. Butler and Dunleavy also played well, but I think the play of Gibson and Mirotic off of the bench was critical, especially as Noah and Gasol were largely ineffective offensively.

Game 4 will be fantastic. I hope the Bulls can pull out another win.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
yep, his rotations are really laughable. noah has been a none factor on offense.
mirotic should get way more playing time. although i have a feeling his confidence and rhythm are shot right now, because of inconsistent minutes.
id also throw his snell and doug as sharpshooters.
Thing is, Snell often plays well when he's thrown into the mix. This isn't the Snell we saw last year or early this year. He is a legit good defender who can drive to the rack, finish, and be some semblance of a 3-pt threat. He doesn't make the number of dumb mistakes that people purport him to make.

Mirotic has played like crap, but I also think his knee is hurting still (from the Bucks game 2 tie up with Zaza). It doesn't help that he gets thrown out there for 5 random minutes and doesn't get his number called.

i can see why the front office wants to give him the boot after the season.
I know fans will use his coaching missteps as justification, but really this is not to "blame" him per say, rather it's about putting the team in a position to succeed moving forward.

·
Chicago Bulls
92 Posts
We're playing well so far and Rose doing a good job ! But we gotta get the rebound and defense better !! Butler had 2 fouls already, that's bad news for us

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Man, this series is over. You can just see it. Game 4 was our shot and we blew it.

Gasol being out the past 2.5 games has been killer. This is one of the problems I have with Thibodeau. He relies so much on his main guys in the regular season, that when one of them goes down, the reserves are not prepared to step in and do their job. This has been an issue going back since he's been here. At what point have we as Bulls fans looked at Thibodeau and said he's legitimately out coached the opposition in a 7-game playoff series. None in 5 years.

·
Chicago Bulls
92 Posts
I don't think Gasol will be back but we have to find a solution to our paint players ! Mirotic can't score, Gibson trys to dunk but he misses it, Noah bangs 4 points ! That's not enough for us

21 - 40 of 46 Posts