Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Griz Push for the Playoffs

In the theme of MemphisX's previous thread, here is an article about the race to eighth.

Even though the official halfway point is marked by a Jan. 21 home date against the Los Angeles Lakers and the All-Star break remains a month away, the crux of the Grizzlies' schedule begins tonight.

When the struggling Chicago Bulls enter The Pyramid, so will playoff aspirations for the Grizzlies, although the Western Conference standings have them in 10th place.

The Griz were a game behind Utah for the eighth seed entering Wednesday's NBA action. Seattle sat just a half game behind the final playoff spot.

However, a softer schedule - from now until April 14 - has the Grizzlies believing that they can make a run at the postseason.

Starting tonight, the Griz will play nine of 12 games at home, including six in a row at The Pyramid once the Houston Rockets arrive Monday. Coach Hubie Brown's squad will finish the season playing 25 home games, compared to 20 on the road - an away total that's two games higher because of weather-related postponements at Portland (Jan. 6) and Utah (Jan. 7).

That the Griz (19-18) played 11 of their first 17 games on the road and completed the toughest portion of their schedule a game above .500 has bred optimism.

Click here to finish the article.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
I figure we go 16-8 at home and 8-12 on the road. That gives us 44 wins. Very close to the #8 seed IMO.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Originally posted by Starbury03!
I think the Grizz or Denver will make it maybe both. The grizz should be able to make the playoffs.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You have a couple thoughts there going in one sentence. I laughed. But I do agree with you on maybe the Grizzlies making it in the West. Also, by the way the Nuggets are positioned right now, they might also make the playoffs if they keep up there intensity.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
Down goes Seattle and Denver!!!!:cbanana: :rbanana: :wbanana:

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Clippers and Warriors lost tonight as well. The Seattle loss moves us up a spot in the standings I believe.

:banana: :gbanana: :vbanana: :bbanana:

(Didn't want to discriminate against any dancing bananas)

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
The Jazz fall to the Cleveland Cavaliers in overtime tonight. The loss ties Memphis and Utah for 6th in the Midwest Division. :bsmile:

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seattle also lost tonight to Washington.

So, Memphis is currently tied with Utah for eighth place in the West. Hopefully, the team can keep this up.

:gopray:

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
The Jazz go down to the Clips last night, putting them three games back of us and now tenth in the West.

Utah's fall seems imminent. One less team to worry about. Now...to catch those pesky Nuggets (who lost to the Hornets in their own right).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts