4/8 @ Cleveland
4/10 @ Orlando
4/12 @ New York
4/13 vs. New Jersey

·
1.7%
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Good news with Miami's loss to New York, we are tied with them in the loss mark. They played 3 more games than us, which we would need to make up in the win column to be tied with them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Miami has the toughest schedule down the stretch of the top three. The bulls can make a big splash if they defeat them in Miami. Judging by how many Knick fans there were in the crowd tonight it should be like a home game when they play the Bulls. I'm even thinking about traveling to that game.:bud:

·
1.7%
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Boston knocks off Utah 107-102 but the Bulls get closer to Miami. Also Josh Smith left the Hawks game injured so his status for Wednesday's game is uncertain.

·
1.7%
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Miami blows a 24 point lead to Orlando who wins 99-96. Bulls only down 1 game to Miami yet again.

Bulls get a tired Orlando team tomorrow while the Heat play the Spurs so the Bulls have a chance to snag the 2 seed tomorrow.

·
Ethical Hacker
485 Posts
The Celtics are annoying because...they're good? :laugh:

The Bulls have the 2 seed for the moment. They need to get some distance from MIA. But I think the Heat are going to be really motivated tomorrow, considering how badly they've been embarrassed by their performances this past week (Losses to NYK, ORL, SAS).

·
Registered
81 Posts
The Celtics are annoying because...they're good? :laugh:

The Bulls have the 2 seed for the moment. They need to get some distance from MIA. But I think the Heat are going to be really motivated tomorrow, considering how badly they've been embarrassed by their performances this past week (Losses to NYK, ORL, SAS).
They probably should have been motivated last night against SA after blowing a 20+ lead to Orlando but for some reason they didn't bring it again and lost by 30. The trend is real, they can't seem to hang with the big boy teams in the NBA and its due to their weak supporting cast outside of the BIG 3 and more importantly their inability to play as a T-E-A-M.

On a side note, I really do not like the comments being made by LeBron regarding the trades being made before the deadline. Saying something like "We started a trend, were making the teams improve their roster to stay competitive."

NO LEBRON, you, wade, and bosh all decided to PICK one team this past summer to make a team great. However, NY actually had to give up many players in their starting line up to add another superstar. Same with Boston a few years ago, its not like Pierce, Garnett, and Allen all hung out one summer and said hey lets all sign up with the Celts and make a dynasty. THEY WERE TRADED. Same with Deron to the Nets. I am very happy about Miami's troubles and I hope it gets worse for them. They play a string of tough games and I'd love to see them loose them all.

Go Bulls.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I think the #2 spot is OURS! The C's will not relinquish the top spot, but I'm thinking now that I would rather play Miami in the 2nd round than play Atlanta or Orlando. Miami will have a tough time with even NY and I think we know what their weaknesses are. They on the other hand are still trying to figure that out. Elitists! They always blame someone else. The #2 spot is the best for us.

·
Remember My Name
5,229 Posts
amen bro and welcome to the board.

they need all the home court advantage they can get. they are in win now mode, they won against all quality opponents.
celtics will be tough to beat at the garden. but they are just not losing. its annoying.
i tought theyd lose some games after the perkins trade, but nooo.

bulls very very good at home where they can beat anyone.

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
Definitely want the #2 for home court in the 2nd round. However, the #1 is worth so much more, as you avoid playing Miami or Boston in Round 2. The Celtics don't seem to be letting up, but the Bulls have a pretty good schedule down the stretch. It should be interesting to watch.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
It will be difficult to make up three games but looking at both schedules, I think you can still win the East. I'd say up until Phoenix, Atlanta is the only somewhat difficult team you'll play and they are very beatable. Boston still has to play NY, Miami, and San Antonio. Plus, you guys have a head to head. The key is to see if you can get even prior to that game. Then beat Boston and maintain the lead through the last few games. Tough but not impossible.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Definitely want the #2 for home court in the 2nd round. However, the #1 is worth so much more, as you avoid playing Miami or Boston in Round 2. The Celtics don't seem to be letting up, but the Bulls have a pretty good schedule down the stretch. It should be interesting to watch.
The Bulls do have a pretty soft schedule now. But so do the Celtics:

Los Angeles (Clippers)
@Philadelphia
Milwaukee
@New Jersey
Indiana
@Houston
@New Orleans
@NY Knicks
Memphis
Charlotte
@Minnesota
@Indiana
@San Antonio
@Atlanta
Detroit
Philadelphia
@Chicago
Washington
@Miami
@Washington
NY Knicks

That's 4 games out of 21 that look legitimately threatening. Maybe 5. Even with our schedule, its going to take a Boston collapse for the Bulls to cover 3 whole games in the next 21.

And I don't see Boston collapsing. This isn't last year when they seemed not to care about seeding. Every team of Boston, Miami and Chicago knows what a huge advantage it is to get that #1 seed this year. Boston isn't going to coast.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Celtics almost lost to the Bucks. Age could be catching up with the Celts, KG does not have perk to help shoulder the load in the middle.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts