Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

61 - 80 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
This is a nice surprise. Never expect this before this season.
I didn't think we could get the 3rd best record in the East, yet at this moment, we have the 3rd best record in the league. Boston loses another game and we win another game then we'll be leading the East. This just sounds crazy... it's unbelievable. Our rise to the top came unexpected for me.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Once this team was put together in the offseason, I knew that we were more then capable of competing with Boston (and any western conference team) and I believed we would be better then teams like Orlando and Atlanta. The one thing that I didn't think we were capable of, was competing with Miami. That was the real surprise to me. I thought they were going to be incredible and clearly they aren't.

So with what has happened to Miami, I am not surprised at all that the Bulls are in position to take the east.

This is one of those teams that is built on defense and rebounding. I think it was easy to see going into this season that we were going to be elite in both defense and Rebounding. Once you accomplish that then you are already most of the way there. Then all you need was guys that can fit their offensive roles. And we have it, a legit #1, 2, 3, 4 etc...

You don't need a bunch of legit #1's.

This team is built perfect, kudos to our management.

·
BAIT
12,946 Posts
I had expected a Hawks caliber playoff team, quite honestly. At best, a team on par with Orlando.

This regular season has far exceeded my expectations. Haven't guessed anything right.

Actually, I did predict Boozer would be out a few more games after his major injury. :|

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
How far do you think we go in the playoffs?
I don't know, I think second round is guaranteed. But then once we get there we will likeley be playing Miami (or Orlando) and then if we get past that Boston. So realistically any of Orlando, Boston, or Miami could beat us in a 7 game series. But I like our chances.

But just for the sake of a prediction. If we get the number 1 seed I think we make the finals. If we get the #2 seed ECF.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
If the bulls can get the 1st seed in the East i think it likely we can get to the finals. Right now we are tied with Boston and while they dont have a very tough schedule in terms of teams they are going to be playing a ton of games the next couple of week and like 9 games in 13 nights with 2 back to backs. And Boston looks tried to me with all their injuries and what not. So we shall see if we get the 1st seed.

Now if that happens we get likely get Orlando in the 2nd round and up until the trade Orlando owned the bulls but it was mustly Vice Carter who killed us and i dont know why be he always seems to lite the bulls up. Now with there new players i think the bulls match up against Orland much better and we just clocked them the last two games one in chicaog and last wed in orland.

And it looks like Miami gets NY in the 1st round and that should be rough and then if they get Boston in the 2nd who knows who wins that but either way the bulls should be waiting and rested for either team and WTF the bulls could play their way into the finals if they could really win the east. We shall see but Boston will either play great the next 1 1/2 weeks or if they run out of gas then the bulls could win the east and then who knows.

d

·
Ethical Hacker
485 Posts
I would expect Boston to start cutting minutes and resting their starters down the stretch. But that would be a crappy way for us to get the top seed. Celtics are likely going to take the top seed...frankly, none of their remaining opponents (except the BULLS) are worth watching. Spurs or Hawks games may be interesting.

·
Registered
266 Posts
If Chicago beats Boston and they split the regular season games, and both end up with the same records, who ends up with home court?

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
If Chicago beats Boston and they split the regular season games, and both end up with the same records, who ends up with home court?
My understanding is...a tie won't cut it. We need to win the race because of conference record...I think.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Don't forget Miami. They getting another Big win with a 110-80 against the Spurs. A 30-point margin against the Spurs.

·
Remember My Name
5,229 Posts
miami is getting scary lately, the bulls need to get the #1 spot to avoid them (or the celtics) until the ecf.

·
Registered
266 Posts
miami is getting scary lately, the bulls need to get the #1 spot to avoid them (or the celtics) until the ecf.
I agree, Heat are playing tremendous ball. We are lucky they had that loosing streak. This could be A one time golden opportunity for the Bulls.:gopray:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
This is where those bad losses to teams like the Sixers and Bobcats come back to haunt you. I know the Celtics could probably say something similiar but they don't need homecourt like we do. If we get the number 1 seed there's no way Rose doesn't get MVP.

61 - 80 of 145 Posts