Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

81 - 100 of 145 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
Don't forget Miami. They getting another Big win with a 110-80 against the Spurs. A 30-point margin against the Spurs.
We just have to keep winning. Nothing you can do to control Miami. I really want that #1 seed to avoid them and ensure home court.

·
Super Moderator
14,320 Posts
It is incredible to me that we're the 1 seed this late in the season... definitely exceeding my pre-season expectations...

It helps that we're 12-0 in the Central division.

·
BAIT
12,946 Posts
If we do get the 1 seed, I still fully expect the second round to be a hassle.

Orlando/Hawks vs. Bulls will be a tough series, and one that I certainly expect to go six to seven games.

I still prefer to play them over the Heat/Celtics in the second round, but I'm not overlooking how much of a pain that second round is going to be regardless of who we play.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Boston is not playing very well and they look tried to me. They have a very tough schedule the next two weeks. They play 7 games in 11 days and 2 of the 7 are on the road including NOH and NKN and the others are Hou, Ind, and Hou all of which are playing some of their best bball of the season. After these games Boston and two days off and then they play Spurs in SA.

If Boston goes 5 and 3 over these 8 games then i think the bulls are going to finish number one in the east.

d

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!

Yodurk, remember when I said there was no way we could possibly see the #2 spot in the East, and you said why not, who is so good to beat us?

Now, not only did we see the #2 spot, we're in the #1 spot (could just be temporarily, but we're still competing for the spot).

Rose & Thibs are unbelievable..... they're kicking but and taking names. Oh, and special shout out to Deng for doing his thing too......

·
Registered
266 Posts
The Heat lost again. This Nets game is crucial. I hope Deron doesn't want payback for Derrick Rose out playing him in Utah.

·
Registered
368 Posts
The Heat lost again. This Nets game is crucial. I hope Deron doesn't want payback for Derrick Rose out playing him in Utah.
Me niether! The Nets are currently on a 5 game win streak and if we win this game then the Bulls will be on their 8th. Teams like this view a game like this as their playoffs, so I expect the Nets to play harder than normal.

·
1.7%
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Boston 10 games vs. teams over 500. 7 on the road 3 at home

Bulls 7 games vs. teams over 500. 4 at home 3 on the road

This works into the Bulls advantage big time and could be the difference

·
Registered
266 Posts
I can't believe this Bulls team has the potential for sixty wins. I was thinking fifty-two or so at the beginning of the year. This Bulls team is remarkable with how poor they shoot, and yet they still have a chance to win.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Once Miami addresses a few needs they will be next to impossible to beat. The Bulls need to win this year. I can't get a measure on how dangerous this Heat team is. The Heat loose one and then they win won, that's the unpredictable behavior of a potentially dangerous team.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Once Miami addresses a few needs they will be next to impossible to beat. The Bulls need to win this year. I can't get a measure on how dangerous this Heat team is. The Heat loose one and then they win won, that's the unpredictable behavior of a potentially dangerous team.
With the combined salaries of Wade, James, and Bosh (and all of their contracts back-loaded), it's going to be tough for them to fill their roster with all but aging veterans. I bet Riley's going to bid hard for Kurt Thomas this offseason.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Even though we are two games ahead of Miami, I fear they will catch us, and be first. Rose is taking A beating and Boozer is starting his annual trend of injuries, I am gonna beat that boy :spanky: if he doesn't start playing like the eighty-four million dollar man. Miami has Wade and Lebron to trade the load.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Even though we are two games ahead of Miami, I fear they will catch us, and be first. [...]
And they only playing 4 more games against team .500+. The Bulls have 7 of these games left.

Go Bulls!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
A few thoughts. First, the bulls are not 2 games ahead of Miami they are, for all practical purposes, 4 games ahead. The bulls (and Boston) only have 19 loses and Miami has 22! And both the bulls and Boston won the season seasons against Miami so both team will win tie breaker with Maimi. Thus, Miami needs to have, at least, a one game lead on both Boston or Chicago. If Miami wins it last 12 games they will be 60 and 22. The bulls and Boston have 14 games left and if either goes 11 and 3, and considering the bulls schudule, that seems very doable, they would still have a beter record than Boston. And if Maimi loses just one game out of the last 12 than the bulls and/or Boston would have to go 9 and 5 over their last 14 games for Miami to move up from number 3 in the east. Thus, i think Maimi will be the 3rd seed come playoff time and hopefully the bulls will be number one.

Finally, Boston pulled out a big win last night but they still have a really tough schudule the next 9 days inlcuding NY at NY and against SA and then chicago and Miami next month so I like the bulls chanes once the Boz comes back for number one and if Boston tanks, and they dont look very good right now, i think Miami could move into the 2 spot but the bulls will have to play bad down the strech for Miami to move into the 1st spot.

·
Registered
266 Posts
A few thoughts. First, the bulls are not 2 games ahead of Miami they are, for all practical purposes, 4 games ahead. The bulls (and Boston) only have 19 loses and Miami has 22! And both the bulls and Boston won the season seasons against Miami so both team will win tie breaker with Maimi. Thus, Miami needs to have, at least, a one game lead on both Boston or Chicago. If Miami wins it last 12 games they will be 60 and 22. The bulls and Boston have 14 games left and if either goes 11 and 3, and considering the bulls schudule, that seems very doable, they would still have a beter record than Boston. And if Maimi loses just one game out of the last 12 than the bulls and/or Boston would have to go 9 and 5 over their last 14 games for Miami to move up from number 3 in the east. Thus, i think Maimi will be the 3rd seed come playoff time and hopefully the bulls will be number one.

Finally, Boston pulled out a big win last night but they still have a really tough schudule the next 9 days inlcuding NY at NY and against SA and then chicago and Miami next month so I like the bulls chanes once the Boz comes back for number one and if Boston tanks, and they dont look very good right now, i think Miami could move into the 2 spot but the bulls will have to play bad down the strech for Miami to move into the 1st spot.
Thank-you, :yes: put in those terms I feel a lot better.

81 - 100 of 145 Posts