Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
356 Posts
thats cool!!
omar cook is a great player..
nice back up PG for the raps for next season.

lead the nbdl in assists with 8.6 per game.
grew up in NY like rafer, am i right?

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is a nice signing for the team. The raptors could have Alston, alvin Williams and Cook as the point gaurds. This situation might extend a bit a flexibility at the draft as the Raptors might not have to reach for a point guard at either spot they choose in the first round of the draft. The three could be sufficient for next year as well, allowing the draft picks including the ones in the second to be used elsewher, or allowing for a point guard project to be drafted if the circumstances present itself.

·
Registered
786 Posts
THIS IS WICKED!!!!

Ive always wanted Cook in a Raps uniform. Now he'll get his chance.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I like Omar Cook, always seem to sign him when I play franchise modes in B-Ball games.

Damn Babcock is always looking over my shoulder.

He should be an upgrade over Falacio, and is more of a pass first PG then either Raf or Milt.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
An interesting signing to say the least, especially since there are so few games left in the season. If he can impress our coaching staff, I'm sure he'll be here next season.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
You Guys Are Serious, Is He Gon Play Today Versus The Bulls?
Thats Sick.. Thats One Of Skip's Homeboys In Rucker.

Gon Be Fun To Watch... Isn't Nice To Have New Players Come In? lOl

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Yea, I Just Checked.. He Is Playin Today. Here Is Some Info Bout Em

Cook was a second round selection (32nd overall) by the Denver Nuggets in 2001 NBA Draft. Cook was waived by the Nuggets on October 25 and then signed by the Dallas Mavericks on November 25 and waived by Dallas on December 28.

As a freshman, Cook averaged 15.3 ppg, 8.7 apg and 3.0 rpg for the Red Storm. He was named Third All-Big East Conference as a freshman, joining Seton Hall’s Eddie Griffin as the only freshman in the conference to be selected to an All-Conference team. Cook finished second in the nation in assists (8.7 apg) behind Markus Carr of Cal State-Northridge (8.9 apg). His 252 assists set a freshman school record, previously held by Erick Barkley (Portland Trail Blazers) and ranks second on the all-time single-season chart.

Cook averaged 19.0 ppg, 7.0 apg and 4.3 spg as a senior at Christ the King High School in New York. He was named a McDonald's All-American.

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
Hopefully he impresses coaching staff enough that he plays more then Pilacio

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Wow. Maybe we can see our point guard pass a ball for once?

Good signing. Play him, see what he can do. If he impresses, he could be a nice third string point guard next year. We could even send him to the new NBDL next year (not sure if it will come in affect by next year.. would be nice) Even if he does impress though, we still gotta draft a point guard.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
He Looked Comfortable Today Versus The Bulls... Sam Mitchel Should've Played Him In The 2nd Quarter With Milt Palacio.

I Wanted Him To Take The Number 15 :biggrin: Too Bad Though....

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
He was a relatively high draft pick (32nd overall), and put up great numbers in college and high school

Does anyone know why he could not stick with either Denver or Dallas?

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
being a st johns fan and growing up in queens i know about omar. when he entered the draft everyone said he was an idiot, and everyone was right.

i think that he can stick on a team, and that he would have been a higher draft selection if he stayed an extra year at sju. hes a great passer, but size and his lack of a jumpshot led him to the nbdl

he went to highschool at christ the king, like Odom. Rafer went to cardozo(canadas own theo davis played there last season, he swats ALOT of shots), and rafer went to my middle school. skip is a great guy,just adding that for no reason

1 - 20 of 20 Posts