Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe this has already been discussed, but I caught a couple rockets games recently, and the Rocket's hometown announcer, specifically, the one who talks like he's at a cattle auction with the heavy southern accent, is quite possibly the greatest announcer ever. And by greatest I mean funniest.

It made the game so much more enjoyable listening to his wierd dialect... Me and my friends were making jokes everytime he said something. :biggrin: You guys are lucky to have him. :)

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
rwj333 said:
Maybe this has already been discussed, but I caught a couple rockets games recently, and the Rocket's hometown announcer, specifically, the one who talks like he's at a cattle auction with the heavy southern accent, is quite possibly the greatest announcer ever. And by greatest I mean funniest.

It made the game so much more enjoyable listening to his wierd dialect... Me and my friends were making jokes everytime he said something. :biggrin: You guys are lucky to have him. :)

His name is Van Chancellor. He's the Houston Comets head coach. Obviously, I love him too. :biggrin:

You should read Mr. Roger's Cardigan signature. It's hilarious!!

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
yeah, at first the accent annoyed me a bit, but he's actually very good. obviously biased toward the home team(heck he stated dekembe mutumbo was the most efficient player in the NBA in minutes played), but what hometown commentator isn't?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Chancellor is very funny at times. I think he's from small town MS or AL. Isn't Matt Bullard supposed to take Chancellor's place when he starts preparing for the new WNBA season?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts