Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys the Bulls could sign to be a backup Center. In other words, guys who are better than Dalibar Bagaric (aka DBags) and will sign for next to nothing.

[scrap heap roll call]
1. Dickey Simpkins - had a nice season in the NBDL and hey... he knows the triangle! JK loves bringing back old draft picks too

2. Michael Ruffin - a good defender though I have no idea where the guy is (Europe, LaLa, Skokie?), I would actually like seeing this guy play again

3. Greg Foster - former Bull though I doubt he'll remember the triangle. Foster's is a good beer though

4. Chris Dudley - our turn to get this guy

5. Kevin Willis - yes he is still in the NBA, I think.

6. Chris Gatling - picture an older Marcus Fizer w/ a headband and no muscles

7. Robert Parish - bring back the chief

8. Dragan Tarlac - what's better than one Dalibar? Two.

We already have Corey Blount on board, how about adding another journeyman to the mix? The more the merrier. Anything so that DBags doesn't get too many minutes next year.

Your opinions, as always, welcome.
VD

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
HEY! What about "Use the Force Luc" Longley?

Originally posted by <b>HAWK23</b>!
get Bill Wennington out of retirement

Just get em some arthritis pain formula tylenol and have em suit up!!! he probably still has better moves than Vomit-bag! LOL:laugh: :grinning: :devil:

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
You guys are brutal on Bagaric, the kid was drafted as a project player and thats excatly what he is. This is only his third season in the league right?

Anyways, how about bringing back Chris Anstey?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!
You guys are brutal on Bagaric, the kid was drafted as a project player and thats excatly what he is. This is only his third season in the league right?

Here's my issue with DBags and his role on the team:
1. When you have a young center EC who is prone to foul trouble (almost every game), then he should be backed up by someone who can play D or in the least not be worse at drawing fouls. DBags is not that guy.

2. This is spilled milk but Jake Tsakalidis should have been taken #24 that year, for goodness sake. He was clearly the higher rated of the two, and his contract stipulations were easily surmountable

3. DBags has openly pouted about playing time during games. No bueno.

4. Basicaly DBags is a 11th or 12th man who gets 6th man minutes b/c of EC's foul trouble. Therein, isn't it only natural to suggest a more viable alternative?

Go Bulls.

VD

·
Registered
6,992 Posts

here's my issue with Bagairc... HE SUCKS!!!!... HE IS A BAD PLAYER HE IS CLUMSY HE LOOKS LIKE A KILLER HE HITS PEOPLE PUSHES PEOPLE AND PLAYS BAD!

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HAWK23</b>!

here's my issue with Bagairc... HE SUCKS!!!!... HE IS A BAD PLAYER HE IS CLUMSY HE LOOKS LIKE A KILLER HE HITS PEOPLE PUSHES PEOPLE AND PLAYS BAD!
I just thought of something... this guy belongs in portland!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Couldn't the Bulls have had Hedo. The 1 time Jk gets someone foreign he takes this guy.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hidayet Turkoglu went 16th, Bagaric went 24th. As for Jake, he went later than expected because there problems with his contract and for whatever reason, only Phoenix was able to work out a deal with his European team. I do wonder if more than the NBA allowed was paid under the table. There was a lot of speculation he was a top 10 pick. Bagaric is real young and centers generally get better until they reach 30 or so. Don't judge centers like you would another a position, its different.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Songcycle</b>!
Hidayet Turkoglu went 16th, Bagaric went 24th. As for Jake, he went later than expected because there problems with his contract and for whatever reason, only Phoenix was able to work out a deal with his European team. I do wonder if more than the NBA allowed was paid under the table. There was a lot of speculation he was a top 10 pick. Bagaric is real young and centers generally get better until they reach 30 or so. Don't judge centers like you would another a position, its different.
Oh, my bad:) :D

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
When Eddy gets into really early foul trouble then you can slide Chandler to the center spot and bring in The Fize. The use Fizer, Blount and Baxter WAAAAAAYYYYYYY before Bags.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I can live with that ace...

provided this guy puts a little meat on his frame..what a rail! Nice touch tho..I like em!:yes:

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
If Phoenix worked out a deal for Jake Tonsilitis, we could have done it too.

The guys that kill me that we could have picked in the second round (or in Bag's place) were Tonsilitis, Najera, and Michael Redd, Cory Hightower, and Chris Porter.

The last two guys turned out to suck, but I definitely liked and hoped we would have drafted Redd. Oh well.

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Vin, getting back to your original post -- maybe we can get a "scrap heap" exception to the league roster limits and introduce a "JK Drafted Big Man Hall of Shame" to the Bulls 2002-03 roster. We could fill stadiums all across the country with a cast that rotates weekly -- Will Purdue, Stacey King, Mark Randall, Corie Blount (see - we even have a head start) Dickey Simpkins, Jason Caffey and Travis night. The networks would want the Bulls on Christmas Day again in an instant! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts