Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr class="bg2" valign="top"><td>10</td><td>11</td><td title="">12 @PHI
7:00pm
<script>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1113346800))</script></td><td title="">13 @MIL
8:00pm
<script>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1113436800))</script></td><td>14</td><td class="bg4" title="">15 MIA
7:30pm
<script>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1113607800))</script></td><td>16</td></tr> <tr class="bg2" valign="top"><td title="">17 @TOR
6:00pm
<script>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1113775200))</script></td><td>18</td><td title="">19 @CLE
<script>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1113951600))</script></td><td class="bg4" title="">20 NJ
<script>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1114038000))</script></td><td>21</td><td>22</td><td>23</td></tr></tbody> </table>
The consistency of the Boston Celtics as of late has been very questionable. Shortly after the Antoine Walker trade, the Celtics have gone on a series of winning streaks and losing slumps making it nearly impossible to predict the outcome of their games. With the third seed still in question, how will the Celtics finish off the regular season? Will they lose their lead in the Atlantic or will they finish with the third or fourth best record in the East?

Here is my prediction:

At Philadelphia: W
At Milwaukee: W
Miami: L
At Toronto: W
At Cleveland: W
New Jersey: L

Final record: 45-37. If the 76ers close out their season with six wins out of six games, they'll win the third seed unless we finish with a record of 5-1 or better in our last six games. I think we can still beat them (with a healthy Antoine). We need to contain Allen Iverson (it is safe to say that that is a very difficult task). We always have a tough time with Milwaukee, but they shouldn't be too much of a problem. We cannot compete with Miami, so I think that is an automatic loss. Toronto and Cleveland should be easy, but I don't like the prospect of facing Jason Kidd and Vince Carter on New Jersey, as demonstrated by easy win over us today.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
It will be interesting.

Philly won vs the Wizards tonight, so they're still rolling.

Our next game is going to be our most important and it is going to summerize our season.

I would hate having the 7th or 8th seed. I do not want to face Miami (in particular) nor Detroit in the 1st round. It will be hell.

Now the last 6 games will be tough. The reason why we lost to NJ and the 6ers (and may lose to them again) is because the team with the worst perimeter defense (we) cannot/don't know how to guard shooters/passers.

There's no way we'll contain Iverson with Payton, nor is there a way to contain Kidd with Payton. In fact, there's no one on our team that can contain Kidd with the way we play defense. (I'm also scared of Wade...but that's later on.)

Iverson is too quick and will get every breathe on him called a foul. Kidd on the other hand is...I dunno, but he kills us. I don't know why we aren't letting him take shots/take it to the hoop and are trying to double team him, therefor leaving shooters wide open. Kidd is only dangerous when he can give up the ball, as long as he has it, we're safe.

Celtic fans, this would be a good time to panic.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually wouldn't mind the 7th seed. I believe we could upset the Pistons. They don't really seem like a team that would easily beat us, like Miami. We have shown that we can beat them and with the 7th seed, we would face Philadelphia in the second round (if we got that far). Even though, I still think we're going to clinch the Atlantic Division and the 3rd seed for the playoffs, the 7th seed doesn't look to bad to me.

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
I don't think any of those games is a loss. I am not sure that we will win them all, but I wouldn't count us out of any of them. I think Miami could be on cruise control at this point and if we come out with full effort, we could take that one. The Philly and Jersey games are both must win games and I like Antoine and Paul together in those two. Toronto and Milwaukee should be push overs, but I think Doc will let the guys know that all of these games are must win games and they guys will respond to that properly.

·
Registered
352 Posts
As a said before I'm not afriad to play Detriot, for some reason they do NOT scare me. Although I would feel more comfortable with the 3 seed, but then again if we the 7th seed and upset the Pistons then we wont have to play them later on and the only REAL compition would be Miami.

Comments?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts