Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Easy task, Tb#1: you (or others) only have to guess the music and author being given a few lyrics...

I'll start with an easy one:

I aint gonna worry, I aint gonna push
So come on, come on, come on, come on baby
Stop beatin round the bush....
 

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
Joined
·
36,839 Posts
Thats a gimme --

Lets Get it On by Marvin Gaye

How about this one:

I'll drink if I want to
and play a little poker too
Don't you say nothing to me
as long as I'm taking care of you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Originally posted by <b>TomBoerwinkle#1</b>!
Thats a gimme --

Lets Get it On by Marvin Gaye

How about this one:

I'll drink if I want to
and play a little poker too
Don't you say nothing to me
as long as I'm taking care of you
BBKing's "paying the cost to be the boss". King fan myself. ;)

I'll post some later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm... What about:

Comes a-walkin' down my street
When she comes to my house
She knocks upon my door
And then she comes in my room
Yeah, an' she make me feel alright
?
 

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
Joined
·
36,839 Posts
heh heh... I was nuts about The Doors in HS. Their version of Gloria.

They teach the youths about Christopher Columbus
and they say was a very great man
They teach the youths about Marco Polo
and they say he was a very great man
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by <b>TomBoerwinkle#1</b>!
heh heh... I was nuts about The Doors in HS. Their version of Gloria.

They teach the youths about Christopher Columbus
and they say was a very great man
They teach the youths about Marco Polo
and they say he was a very great man
Teach the youths about Pirate Morgan, and they said it was a very great man
Teach the youths about Pirate Hawkins, and they said it was a very great man,
so called great men were doing, robbing, kidnapping and killing.

Come on, TomB...No Peter Tosh, please... What are you, a pothead? :D

And you still haven't given the name of the author of the song i posted...

Still, when regarding pot issues:

my choice is what I choose to do
and if I'm causing no harm
it shouldn't bother you
your choice is who you choose to be
and if your causin' no harm
then you're alright with me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One more:

So I go down the streets,
Down to my good friend's house
I said "Look man I'm outdoors you know,
Can I stay with you maybe a couple days?"
He said "Let me go and ask my wife"
He come out of the house,
I could see it in his face
I know that was no
He said "I don't know man, ah she kinda funny, you know"
I said "I know, everybody funny, now you funny too"
So I go back home
I tell the landlady I got a job, I'm gonna pay the rent
She said "Yeah?" I said "Oh yeah"
And then she was so nice,
Loh' she was lovy-dovy
So I go in my room, pack up my things and I go,
I slip on out the back door and down the streets I go
She a-howlin' about the front rent, she'll be lucky to get any back rent,
She ain't gonna get none of it
So I stop in the local bar you know people,
I go to the bar, I ring my coat, I call the bartender
Said "Look man, come down here", he got down there
So what you want?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All right, all right, last one:


i know it's late,i know you're weary
i know your plans don't include me
still here we are, both of us lonely
longing for shelter from all that we see

why should we worry, no one will care, girl
look at the stars now so far away


:whoknows:
 

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
Joined
·
36,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PauloCatarino</b>!
One more:

So I go down the streets,
Down to my good friend's house
I said "Look man I'm outdoors you know,
Can I stay with you maybe a couple days?"
He said "Let me go and ask my wife"
He come out of the house,
I could see it in his face
I know that was no
He said "I don't know man, ah she kinda funny, you know"
I said "I know, everybody funny, now you funny too"
So I go back home
I tell the landlady I got a job, I'm gonna pay the rent
She said "Yeah?" I said "Oh yeah"
And then she was so nice,
Loh' she was lovy-dovy
So I go in my room, pack up my things and I go,
I slip on out the back door and down the streets I go
She a-howlin' about the front rent, she'll be lucky to get any back rent,
She ain't gonna get none of it
So I stop in the local bar you know people,
I go to the bar, I ring my coat, I call the bartender
Said "Look man, come down here", he got down there
So what you want?
George Thorogood's version of One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer
 

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
Joined
·
36,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PauloCatarino</b>!


Still, when regarding pot issues:

my choice is what I choose to do
and if I'm causing no harm
it shouldn't bother you
your choice is who you choose to be
and if your causin' no harm
then you're alright with me
Ben Harper. Love that guy.
 

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
Joined
·
36,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PauloCatarino</b>!
All right, all right, last one:


i know it's late,i know you're weary
i know your plans don't include me
still here we are, both of us lonely
longing for shelter from all that we see

why should we worry, no one will care, girl
look at the stars now so far away


:whoknows:
Bob Seger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by <b>TomBoerwinkle#1</b>!


Bob Seger
Well, well... Didn't know it myself. Always thought it was a Kenny Rogers original...


Originally posted by <b>TomBoerwinkle#1</b>!
Wasted arms
wasted legs
Wrapped around this machine
Military machine
Hmm... You gotta give me more than that, TB... :confused:
 

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
Joined
·
36,839 Posts
Eh. If yer not a hippy, you'd probably not get it. Rusted Root -- Ecstacy.

Try this one, an early entry from one of my favorite artists:


So open up the window and let me breathe,
I said, open up the window and let me breathe
I'm looking down to the street below
Lord, I cried for you, Oh, Lord.

The cool room, Lord, is a fool's room,
The cool room, Lord, is a fool's room...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by <b>TomBoerwinkle#1</b>!
So open up the window and let me breathe,
I said, open up the window and let me breathe
I'm looking down to the street below
Lord, I cried for you, Oh, Lord.

The cool room, Lord, is a fool's room,
The cool room, Lord, is a fool's room...
Hey! i was the first to bring on Mr. Van Morisson...

Eventhough i still i'm trying to get into 2 of his early records.. Moondance and Astral Weeks...

Playing now:

Oh, Why You Look So Sad?
Tears are in your eyes
Come on and come to me now
Don’t be ashamed to cry
Let me see you through
’cause I’ve seen the dark side too
When the night falls on you
You don’t know what to do
Nothing you confess
Could make me love you less
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i know your bored, TB#1, so i'll give you an easy one...

Playing right now:


Oh, a storm is threat’ning
My very life today
If I don’t get some shelter
Oh yeah, I’m gonna fade away

War, children, it’s just a shot away
It’s just a shot away
War, children, it’s just a shot away
It’s just a shot away
 

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
Joined
·
36,839 Posts
Didn't know the last one. Gimme Shelter is, well...a Gimme.

Creatures shaped this planet's soil
Now their reign has come to an end
Has life again destroyed life
Do they play elsewhere, or do they kno
more than their childhood games?
Maybe the lizard's shed its tail
This is the end of man's long union with Earth

Judge not this race by empty remains
Do you judge God by his creatures when they are dead?
For now, the lizard's shes it's tail
This is the end of many's long union with the Earth

From life alone to life as one
Think not your journey done
For though your ship be sturdy, no
Mercy has the sea
Will you survive on the ocean of being?
Come ancient children hear what I say
This is my parting council for you on your way
Basically, its the whole song, except for the very beginning and the end, which would give it away...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,192 Posts
"Watcher Of The Skies" - Genesis

Here's one that I doubt anyone will get.

"Watching the planes leave,
Can't wait for mine,
It's been so long
Don't you think it's about time?
Right now I should be back home, making love to you
Still I'm just standing here, don't know what to do,"

First verse. If anyone can guess that, you have my respect.
 
1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Top