·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Read as usual:

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/simmons/021029.html

Here's the Chicago part:

11. Chicago
(Note to reader: Every year, one lottery team makes me completely irrational, and I end up throwing them into the playoffs before thinking better of it at the last minute. Needless to say, I had to re-write these next two paragraphs at about 3 a.m. Tuesday morning. Consider yourself warned. Back to the column.)

Much like the debut of the Pumpkin Spice donut at Dunkin Donuts last week, the Bulls are downright intriguing. Hey, you know how much I love Jalen Rose, one of my favorite players in the league, somebody who needed his own team just like Dave Grohl needed his own band, somebody who will be infinitely more appreciated after this season. Then there's Jason Williams, who apparently isn't talented anymore because Duke choked against Indiana last March. You forget that, before that game, he was further along than Stevie Francis (when Francis was coming out of Maryland), and Francis only averaged 18 a night as a rookie. You're telling me Williams can't average 15 and dribble the ball over midcourt? Please. The Eddy Curry-Tyson Chandler combo gives them young legs and energy. Donyell Marshall gives them another proven scorer. Eddie Robinson and Marcus Fizer gives them bench scoring. And there's fhfhsh bcnsnsh dhshjsakjds gwrsfsgf dldldls ncbsdgshgsj fjfdjshshs sksksakakakj dhjdjdj.

(Whoops, sorry about that. I nodded off. It's 3:15 a.m. right now. I feel like James Brolin in "Amityville Horror" -- bleary-eyed, incoherent and hearing voices from the devil. All for you, the home reader. You don't care.)

Of course, I'm not sure you could even find an above-average defensive player in the mix, with the possible exception of Chandler (still at least two years and 20 pounds away from wreaking havoc). There also could be a tiny letdown factor here, considering that Chandler and Curry broke the NBA record for "Most hours spent playing video games in a hotel room" last season. How can they top that? I have no idea. And since I'm regurgitating jokes from last year's preview, let's just stop here.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Everbody should check the link. This is by far the best season preview I have seen... and on ESPN. Who would'ave thunk it. Besides rating the teams at a high level (read: close to how I think they are going to finish) Simmons is able to write in a relaxed style without resorting to all that pseudo formulaic ebonics B.S. that I see so many wanna-be hip authors hiding behind.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man - you should read his column from last November when he had his fantasy NBA draft with his friends. That was his best by far. Hilarious.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Simmons cracks me up. A great read.

VD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts