Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I believe the pistons can win the leastern conference next year. I think there biggest weakness last year was defensivly at the point. I saw kenny anderson burn atkins way too much (game 5 was painful I was there damn I hate the celtics). Billups is a bigger pg that from my understanding can play d. Obviously there are a few wild cards a) will stack and uncle cliffy show up for the playoffs? Stack hit a big shot in game 5 against tor and played well in game 1 against the celtics but other than that was non existent in the playoffs same with robinson. b) what will the kid memhet okur do? From what Joe d has said and from the summer league games this kid is supposed to able to shoot the rock from all over the court hopefully he can develop into a productive player cause the pistons could use another shooter. c) Rodney white needs to do something because he has the potential I have read he was considered by many to be the most talented guy in the 2001 draft. I know he only played a yr of college ball and it was at unc charlotte (mid major) and coach carlisle loves guys who can play d (not whites strong point right now) but whenever he did get minutes last year he always would look lost it could be because the only time he got in the game was when they were up or down by 20 pts and carlisle was not exactly calling plays but still I hoped for more from him. I believe with an improved backcourt and hopefully they can get consistent help from their foreign players rebraca, okur and even ratko varda (what an ugly guy) they can win the east and then get crushed in the finals by either the lake show or sac kings. What are the other pistons fans expectations for this year?

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I am happy to find such a great board (the one on nbadraft.net was horrid at times). I agree with you about the east. I think the only team that has no legitimate shot at the playoffs next year are the cavs. I think right now the top 3 from last year will finish again in the top 3 and then the rest of the east will be wide open. The Heat when healthy last year were good and with the edition of butler should be even better. I figure the bucks will be in the playoffs if the players don't quit on karl again. The knicks trading for mcydess was solid another possible playoff team if healthy. Of course the bulls should be better and hopefully they will be because I would love to see a revival of the piston/bulls in the late 80's and early 90's. Is beating the celtics/bulls in the semis and then the celtics/bulls in the conference finals and meeting the lakers in the finals every pistons fan dream season? but I digress. Sorry about this post getting so long I promise I won't let it happen too often.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.