Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Legend
12,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Orlando Summer League started today!

Top Performers/Noteworthy players from Day 1

BKN - Adam Morrison (10 points, 3 rebounds)

ORL - Andrew Nicholson (24 points, 12 rebounds)

BOS - Jared Sullinger (20 points, 6 rebounds)

OKC - Perry Jones (16 points, 8 rebounds)

Other players were not that great or not that noteworthy.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Plumlee had Indiana Pacer written all over him.
Yep. If they ever run out of white guys late in a draft, I'm declaring.

When asked about my strong suits I'll say "Hustle!" and when they say "what?" I'll reply with "Hard nosed!"

Who wouldn't want to play as R-Star in NBA2K14?

·
Snapping Necks and Cashing Checks
12,586 Posts

When asked about my strong suits I'll say "Hustle!" and when they say "what?" I'll reply with "Hard nosed!"

:laugh:

·
Snapping Necks and Cashing Checks
12,586 Posts

Not to shabby, ey?

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Perry Jones is about to make a lot of people look stupid. Sullinger too probably.
As long as Sullinger stays healthy he will, no doubt. But Jones isn't as good as everyone thinks; he couldn't crack 14/7 in either year at Baylor in 30+ minutes per game. He'll show flashes, but be wildly inconsistent and frustrating for fans and coaches. Maybe he'll dominate the summer league though; Tskitishvili did one year too.

·
#1 Stromile Swift Fan
4,327 Posts
Got the tools to be a really nice player, his fluidity with that height is extremely rare, but most players of that type usually either have knee problems or they just have trouble finding consistency. He could be the next Tracy Mcgrady or he could be the next Anthony Randolph/Jonathan Bender. I have a feeling he's going to be more like Anthony Randolph/Jonathan Bender then Tracy Mcgrady/Kevin Durant.

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts
Plumlee actually MIGHT be better than i've given him credit for. He should be able to carve out a niche as a banger, and he's the kinda guy who could have a Jeff Foster like career. Pacers lose one Foster, add another.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Plumlee actually MIGHT be better than i've given him credit for. He should be able to carve out a niche as a banger, and he's the kinda guy who could have a Jeff Foster like career. Pacers lose one Foster, add another.
Jeff Foster was one of the best per minute rebounders for the majority of his career. I can't see Plumlee replacing that aspect that Foster brought.

Would be nice though.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Plumlee is going to suck. Don't get fooled by these summer league games.
I agree with that until Plumlee proves us wrong.

I'm not expecting anything out of him. I guess if there was still a prime Shaq you could throw him out there as a hack a Shaq.

·
#1 Stromile Swift Fan
4,327 Posts
honestly he will be the next DJ Mbenga, good size good athleticism, good defense...but no clue offensively and inability to stay out of foul trouble will prevent him from being a starter.

But he should stick in the league as a backup big..

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Guys be sure to check out Damian Lillard for the Portland Trailblazers during the Las Vegas Summer League games. He' was the sixth pick by Portland. The kid has a great game, and should make an impact right out the gate. He will be taking on the new young squad of New Orleans on July 15th.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts