Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rarely get to watch a Blazer game, but watched today's contest (friends). I really see what everyone is talking about when they wonder which Sheed will show up - and when. I must have seen 1/2 dozen of the uninterested Sheed's, along with some of the "old" Sheed.

I still don't see why he and Zach can't plant themselves on opposite sides of the block and let them each post-up down low. Seems like a nice, one-two punch which is terribly unutilized. I think there could be a nice offense worked around the Twin Baseliners approach - replete with cutters shooting toward the middle of the key when the double-teams come.....

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!
I think there could be a nice offense worked around the Twin Baseliners approach - replete with cutters shooting toward the middle of the key when the double-teams come.....
That has been my reasoning for acquiring SAR, since he has not as much range as Sheed. The Twin PF approach. Glad someone is thinking the same thing. Leave the outside shooting to where it belongs at the 2 spot... let the center stay at the top of the key aka Sabas and pass to the cutters. By the way SAR is good at taking it to the hoop and drawing fouls

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Take away the temptation and thus you have players playing their natural positions, I like it! :grinning:

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The fact is, good teams have a system. The Kings have a system, the Lakers have a system. You might say, "sure, they have great players, so that makes it easy."

OK, I contend that the Jazz have a relatively winning system utilizing, perhaps, the crappiest players in the League (no offense to any of them.)

What kind of system - or lack thereof - do Mo and the Blazers employ? Heck, we've been discussing this for years. Dribble the clock off to next to nothing then resign themselves to yet another one-on-one street-ball shot. Then, when a miss comes, watch the other team steak down the court for another layup.

Even though east-coast (relentlessly, pound it low) style is ugly, I'd still prefer that over what we have going now - which is absolutely nothing! :upset:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
That's because Damon sucks at running the offense. All good teams have cerebral point guards who know how to run their team properly.

Damon is too indecisive, he can't throw entry passes, too small to see the floor well, can't run a fast break properly, looks for his own shot too much and dribbles the ball too long trying to figure out what to do.

Then there's his defensive game. :sigh:

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
"The fact is, good teams have a system."
Absolutely right, ABM. Portland has never really had a system because they always had enough talented players to get the job done (most of the time). Not to mention the fact that we have bone-headed egotistical players who don't WANT to run a system ('cus it's too hard, coach, and it makes us think too much, and gee, we just want to have fun!). And if you don't think the players are in charge of this team, see the other thread that talks about the fact that the Portland players refused to shoot free throws in practice.

The thing this team needs more than anything is discipline. But you're never going to have it as long as Wallace is around, because he is one of the most undisciplined guys in the league, and the rest of the team will follow his lead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.