Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,781 Posts
Ok, there is now way McHale traded an unprotected 1st rounder for Jaric. I am not even going to bother looking it up.

On Tank Job 2007, Oden is definitely worth it plus there will be 2-3 more franchise level players in that draft just in case you get Rick Pitino'd during the lottery.

19,781 Posts
Agreed. Unless I am getting a 1st team All NBA type in their prime with zero injury history.

I agree with ATLien. I think it is worth it for some teams tank and by that I mean either go young or dump salary so you can have one of the 5 worse records: Minnesota, Seattle, Atlanta(although they have a decent core), Charlotte, Philadelphia (move AI and you got it), New Orleans, Golden State, Boston (trade Paul Pierce Danny). All these definitely should think about it seriously. New York can't tank. Chicago might get IT from stupidity.

Offseason/trade jinkies should love this summer and next season's trade deadline because the shadow of the 2007 NBA draft class is going to have some interesting decisions being made. I mean if you are not a playoff team in 2006 and/or you don't have a big man with the potential to be All NBA, why aren't you tanking?

19,781 Posts
I remeber some people saying LeBron is all hype also. He was better than 90% of the NBA when he was in HS. Some people are just freaks and playing against inferior competition actually holds some players back. I truly believe that LeBron would actually be worse if he went to college and had his game reigned in by some egomaniac college coach.

19,781 Posts
MemphisX said:
Ok, there is now way McHale traded an unprotected 1st rounder for Jaric. I am not even going to bother looking it up.

On Tank Job 2007, Oden is definitely worth it plus there will be 2-3 more franchise level players in that draft just in case you get Rick Pitino'd during the lottery.

Well this can be put to bed.

Pick protected from 1-10

The Timberwolves' slump down the stretch this season means the team probably will be eligible for a first-round draft pick this summer. But even if the Wolves don't make the playoffs, there's no guarantee they will get to make a first-round selection.

The conditional first-round selection the Wolves traded last offseason to the Los Angeles Clippers along with Sam Cassell in exchange for Marko Jaric offers the Wolves only limited protection.

The draft pick widely had been described as lottery protected, meaning it was believed Minnesota would keep the selection if the Wolves didn't make the playoffs this season. But that's not entirely accurate. The Wolves will keep the pick if they draft in slots 1-10. But the Clippers will get the pick if it's 11th or lower.

The Wolves appear headed for the ninth pick. But the team's won-lost record in its 10 remaining games could change the draft order.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.