Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone my name is Turtle and I finally decided to join the discussion. Figure I would use my first post to share this article I found.

Here's who made the cut from the A-10

20) Dec. 15 - Indiana vs. Butler in Indianapolis

23) Dec. 15 - Alabama at VCU

24) Jan. 19 - Gonzaga at Butler

31) Jan. 5 - Temple at Kansas

32) Dec. 8 - Duke vs. Temple in East Rutherford, N.J. (Izod Center)

36) Dec. 22 - Temple vs. Syracuse in the Gotham Classic (NY)

41) Dec. 29 - Xavier at Tennessee

49) Nov. 28 - Saint Louis at Washington

51) Dec. 1 - St. Joe's at Creighton

52) Dec. 31 - St. Joe's at Drexel

* TBD - Cincinnati vs. Xavier - No date has been set yet

Disappointing to see no A-10 teams in the top twenty games, but luckily it looks like the A-10 noobies (Butler and VCU)are already making an impact on the conference. I would think that Xavier vs. Cincinnati would have been in the top twenty if a date had been set. Temple made the list three times with games with Kansas, Duke, and Syracuse.

Here is the full article. http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/19338011/top-non-conference-contests-for-the-2012-13-campaign

·
Banned
5,541 Posts

Welcome to the Atlantic 10 MB, Turtle.

Excellent first post.

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turtle is fine but I like turtle soup even better!

Now I know this may shock some of you, but I am in fact a turtle. Now I know you meant no offense, but I do not like your joke. Both my parents were killed and turned into Turtle soup.

It's a hard life being a turtle. I can't even count the number of times I've been stepped on in the Riley Center. And these jokes don't make it easier.

·
Registered
880 Posts
It's a hard life being a turtle. I can't even count the number of times I've been stepped on in the Riley Center. And these jokes don't make it easier.
Not to be a pendant, but Reilly Center.

I'm disappointed to see that SBU v. Canisius didn't make the list. I guess it is only interesting if you like seeing the class of WNY beat up some terd brained cretins from Buffalo.

·
The Professor
1,025 Posts
Now I know this may shock some of you, but I am in fact a turtle. Now I know you meant no offense, but I do not like your joke. Both my parents were killed and turned into Turtle soup.

Methinks you are only a mock turtle.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Hey, if our newest Bona poster wants to be a turtle, so be it. We will embrace our new turtle as one of the family. My son wanted very much to be a turtle, and he went off to Maryland to follow his dream. Fear The Turtle!

·
Registered
582 Posts
SLU at Washington is not even SLU's biggest non-conference game. SLU plays at Stanford, New Mexico at home, and 2 of Kansas, Washington St, and Texas A&M in the CBE Classic.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
VCU will play 3 of Duke, Louisville, Memphis, Missouri, Stanford, Minnesota, or Northern Iowa at the Battle 4 Atlantis. Absolutely stacked tournament. They also get Alabama, Wichita State, and Western Kentucky at home, and Old Dominion on the road that we know of.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi everyone my name is Turtle and I finally decided to join the discussion. Figure I would use my first post to share this article I found.

Here's who made the cut from the A-10

20) Dec. 15 - Indiana vs. Butler in Indianapolis

* TBD - Cincinnati vs. Xavier - No date has been set yet

Disappointing to see no A-10 teams in the top twenty games

Actually, #20 is IN the "top twenty." I have not looked at the "top 19" but I would presume there are a few schools on there more than once or twice. However, as much as Xavier/Cincy will be on all of our radars, the only way to get a "top 20 OOC game" from the A10 may be to have an established rivalry such as SJU/Villanova take on extra meaning either due to a special recruiting class or a coaching move. Or have UMass and Uconn revive that great series. How can we be in the top 20 if the Big East is afraid to play A10 in any particular game? It's no wonder, really.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts