Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
:sigh: You just knew the Gory-Onion was going to put the worst spin possible on things. Whining about trading Boom-Boom, however, is a new low.

Canzany speaketh: :drool:

I respondeth::hurl:

:reporter: + :soapbox: = :cthread:

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I think I found the problem in Portland :whoknows:

We only save about $300,000 in the transaction," general manager John Nash said, tipping his hand that the Blazers intended to release McInnis by July 1.

According to my math and Hoopshype...
McInnis was at $3.3 mil and Ruben was about $638,000 or roughly $4 mil.. $3.938 mil
Miles makes $4.128 mil

Hmmmm they actually are paying about $190,000 more

not saving $300,00

and with tax implications paying about $380,000

·
Registered
670 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Trader Bob</b>!
I think I found the problem in Portland :whoknows:

According to my math and Hoopshype...
McInnis was at $3.3 mil and Ruben was about $768,000 or roughly a bit over $4 mil.. $4.068

Miles makes $4.128 mil

Hmmmm they actually are paying about $50,000 more

not saving $300,00

and with tax implications paying about $100,000
I think what Nash meant was that they were on the hook for only $300K of McInnis' salary if we waived him by July. If they chose not to waive him by July, his contract was guaranteed in full for next season...if they waived him, it would've cost them $300K (guaranteed portion). By trading him, they do not have to eat that "guaranteed" portion of his contract...so in essence, they did save only about $300K.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Is this the same writer for the oregonian that said this was a bad trade cuz we lost Bumtje....

Jesus, i liked Bumtje, but he is never gonna be a player and in the oregonian today they were acting like he was friggin Mother Thresea

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.